Bayswater North

Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Neil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant future
Default Bayswater North

We arrive in Melbourne on the 10th Sept and have booked a holiday let for 3 weeks in Bayswater North. Have done searches on the internet and it seems a nice place. Has any body been there?
We are hoping to be able to get a long term rental for after this time. Is this doable in 3 weeks?
Thanks
Ellen
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:19 pm
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bayswater North

We live in Kilsyth South (which is also known as Bayswater North), just off Colchester/Canturbury Road. Where is your holiday let?

It's a nice area -- nestled at the foot of The Dandenongs, nice housing, etc -- but it's a fair distance from the City.

I think Bayswater is quite industrial, not a pretty town. But all the other surrounding suburbs have everything you need.

We both work in the Eastern suburbs, so the location suits us. Shout if you need any specific information.

Nick & Sara
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil&Ellen
We arrive in Melbourne on the 10th Sept and have booked a holiday let for 3 weeks in Bayswater North. Have done searches on the internet and it seems a nice place. Has any body been there?
We are hoping to be able to get a long term rental for after this time. Is this doable in 3 weeks?
Thanks
Ellen
Spending 3 weeks there will give you an impression of the area. Bayswater itself, I would say, is lower end of the market so you get some colourful characters (I frequent the good play park there with the girls). Personally, I wouldn't touch it - bit rough round the edges for me. However, I don't know Bayswater North and Kilsyth seems OK. There are also some nice roads in Boronia (but some not so nice). There are quite a few rehabilitation clinics in both Bayswater and Boronia (that may not be a bad thing, I suppose). There is isolated antisocial behaviour around both train stations.
Depending on where you are working you could look closer to the Dandenongs - but just take a few days out to drive around, hopefully you soon get a feel for what is right for you.
Good luck!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Neil&Ellen;

the crow is right in his comments the area is a classed as a low earner suburb saying that there is good & bad all over the place.

Ive worked in & around that area i find it ok, i live in rowville some 15 mins drive from there, if you need anymore info just ask or if you would like to say hello to us when you get here your more than welcome to come round for a drink.

we have been here now for 10 years we love the place we lived in blackburn lancashire before migrating, the other person who lives in Kilsythe thats are closer to you than us, but as i say if you want to have a chat your more than welcome.

We are normal people thats if there are any normal people on this planet.

regards
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Neil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nicktork
We live in Kilsyth South (which is also known as Bayswater North), just off Colchester/Canturbury Road. Where is your holiday let?

It's a nice area -- nestled at the foot of The Dandenongs, nice housing, etc -- but it's a fair distance from the City.

I think Bayswater is quite industrial, not a pretty town. But all the other surrounding suburbs have everything you need.

We both work in the Eastern suburbs, so the location suits us. Shout if you need any specific information.

Nick & Sara
Hi Nick and Sarah

Thanks for your reply!
We will be staying in Elmshurst road. Good to know we will be staying in a nice area.
Can you let me know where I need to go to sort out Medicare. We have 3 kids so would like to be able to sort this asap.

How long have you been in Melbourne?
Ellen
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:14 am
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Neil&Ellen
Hi Nick and Sarah

Thanks for your reply!
We will be staying in Elmshurst road. Good to know we will be staying in a nice area.
Can you let me know where I need to go to sort out Medicare. We have 3 kids so would like to be able to sort this asap.

How long have you been in Melbourne?
Ellen
Hi Ellen

We've been in Melbourne for one year and three days! I've just had a look on www.whereis.com.au -- it looks like you're pretty close to Bayswater centre, handy for the train station and shops (including the British sweet/crisp shop!).

We registered with Medicare at the big Knox City shopping centre, about 10 minutes from where you're staying. We tried to register as soon as we arrived and they told us to come back in two weeks, as they don't receive the paperwork from immigration immediately.

We live less than 5 minutes from where you're staying, so feel free to PM me if you need to know anything or fancy a chat when you're here. When do you arrive?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Bayswater North

Thanks for the replys.

It will be nice to meet with somebody who has been there and done that!
Its getting a little scary now!

We had planned to do Medicare the day after we arrive, Thanks for letting us know to hold off on that.
Finding a car is first on our to do list, we are hiring a car for when we first arrive but only plan to have this for a few days.
Then it will be driving round suburbs and finding a rental property.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Neil&Ellen;

we have been here for 10 years now & love the place, when you are looking for a car they are all negotiable the entire lot all car sales people are like rats they come out of the woodwork and pretend to be your best mate, so haggle then haggle more and again, there are some decent cars here & at decent prices, DONT just sign on the dotted line push them all the way.

In bayswater centre there is a couple of decent restaurants one is called Thai Chillies its fantastic if you like the Asian culture food.

If we can be of any help please do feel free to drop me an email.