Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

schools in Brisbane

schools in Brisbane

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Dubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really nice
Default schools in Brisbane

Hi i am moving to Brisbane soon. I have 3 children 5 1/2yrs 3 yrs & 8 mnths. I currently have my 2 eldest in British school system. Where do i start looking for schools. Need info soon as i believe schools will close next week for summer hols!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: schools in Brisbane

Originally Posted by Dubaimover
Hi i am moving to Brisbane soon. I have 3 children 5 1/2yrs 3 yrs & 8 mnths. I currently have my 2 eldest in British school system. Where do i start looking for schools. Need info soon as i believe schools will close next week for summer hols!!!

The Queensland Education website for you to navigate through (there's a section regarding international students).

http://education.qld.gov.au/

A directory of private schools in Brisbane.

http://www.privateschoolsdirectory.c...ne-schools.php

Catholic Education website.

http://www.qcec.qld.catholic.edu.au/...=19&Itemid=148

Do you know where you will be living in Brisbane, I may be able to offer some advice about what school's are close by and what they're like. Don't panic, getting them into school isn't going to be like it is here in Dubai.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

State school term ends dec 12 not next week.

Only your eldest will be anywhere near school age in OZ, you just rock up to your local state, if you live in the area they have to take them, no matter how big the class sizes are Some of the privates had very long lists, but with the ailing economy, lots of kids being pulled out of private so probably not that bad. School goes back 27 jan, offices for enrollement/uniforms etc open long before that.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:24 am
ABCDiamond

Although the last day of our schools year is Thursday, 4th December, the school office stays open later than that.
Also, even though the year starts on Jan 27th 2009, the school office opens on 5th January 2009.

Education in Queensland

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 1:52 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

For reference when comparing high schools check here:

http://www.qsa.qld.edu.au/downloads/...utcomes_07.pdf

It gives the raw statistics on academic perfromance of all schools in Qld. Interesting to note that if you live in the right areas the academic results of the state high schools are better than some of the so called 'top-notch' $14k a year schools.

the column you're interested in is "%ge of student with OP1-15" - which roughly speaking is those leaving school with uni entrance grades.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Dubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really niceDubaimover is just really nice

Thanks for the advice guys. Looking forward to finalizing a date for move.Dubaimover