Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools back warning

Schools back warning

Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Schools back warning

Sydney 2 days ago, here today

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html

From past abductions boys are no safer than girls either.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:06 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools back warning

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Sydney 2 days ago, here today

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html

From past abductions boys are no safer than girls either.

Makes you sick eh?

I don't get how it doesn't receive enough news coverage here. Remeber that little girl abducted from her bed in Sydney a few months ago. That should be plastered all over the news, but not too much was made of it.

Paul.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
Makes you sick eh?

I don't get how it doesn't receive enough news coverage here. Remeber that little girl abducted from her bed in Sydney a few months ago. That should be plastered all over the news, but not too much was made of it.

Paul.
Thats exactly what I said, while we were in UK a 6 year old was abducted from her bath, it was news for days, papers telly you name it. Immediately thought of the tiny news item it made here Did they ever find the australian child?

Re abductions; The sunday mail last year had a police report which said there were up to 20 incidents of attempted child abductions or kerb crawling harassment of children a week. One abducted child here was a 13 year old boy (never found) its not just small girls either.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:21 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats exactly what I said, while we were in UK a 6 year old was abducted from her bath, it was news for days, papers telly you name it. Immediately thought of the tiny news item it made here Did they ever find the australian child?

Re abductions; The sunday mail last year had a police report which said there were up to 20 incidents of attempted child abductions or kerb crawling harassment of children a week. One abducted child here was a 13 year old boy (never found) its not just small girls either.

Damn that's a scary number especially when you've got kids.

I've been trying to keep up with the Daniel Morcambe story, but by all accounts it's unlikely he'll ever be found. You'd think with the initial story also being on the Sunshine Coast, it would be bigger news.

As for the little girl taken out of her bed, as far as I know she's still missing.

Paul.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As for the little girl taken out of her bed, as far as I know she's still missing.

Paul.

OMG she was only 18 months old. I had hoped shed been found and we missed it due to being overseas.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Damn that's a scary number especially when you've got kids.

I've been trying to keep up with the Daniel Morcambe story, but by all accounts it's unlikely he'll ever be found. You'd think with the initial story also being on the Sunshine Coast, it would be bigger news.

Paul.
I think because of DM the awarness up here has really improved, that might be why this latest ones made it to the papers, because the abductor(s) are still roaming around.

The 20 a week was just for qld imagine if they added up the attempts from every state.

I hear they got the guy who killed the sisters in Melb, 3 days later in WA, I suppose they dont really stick to one area do they, its pretty easy to commit a crime here and be 1000's of miles away by car just days later.

Last edited by jad n rich; Feb 7th 2006 at 2:41 am.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I think a lot of these abductions will be ex-partners (i.e. parents)
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That's partly what I hate about the British media - yes we need to be informed but we do not need to be constantly scared witless and made to feel that the problem is bigger than it is. Not to say a child abduction is not important because obviously it's very important but I hate to be made to feel terrified of letting my kids out when there are no more abductions than when I was a child. The media now feel the need to go on and on.

Does any country have a press that works on the happy medium
Old Feb 7th 2006, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
It was an article on the increase in traffic around schools, partially due to parents being scared to let their kids ride or walk to school, plenty do tho, anyone can see that.

It was kids reporting stangers approaching them not their parents.

Schools are getting better about it, ours got a talking too about it on day 1. However it is a school that DM once attended.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This time gold coast and brisbane

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.a...5E3102,00.html
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2

I reckon the Martians are doing it. :scared:
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Schools back warning

Looks like they've found the little chap who went missing in Smethwick:

Police had been searching for Troy Simpson who went missing overnight on Monday from his Smethwick home.

Wasteland off Church Road, yards from his family home, was cordoned off on Wednesday by police and the area treated as a crime scene.

Two men and two women remain in custody in connection with the discovery. The body has not been formally identified.

It is understood some of the four people being questioned are related to Troy.
Source.