Schools???

Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:54 am
AuSsIe ChIcK!!!

chloegroovy will become famous soon enoughchloegroovy will become famous soon enough
Red face Schools???

Hi im chloe im 13 (14 on sunday)
erm... i was just wondering if there r n e proper schools that actually wanna teach kids coz ma mum wants 2 send me 2 sum private school which is just like the 1 im at now (toooooooooooo strict!!!) i rlly dnt wanna go!!!
Also wat 2nd languages du u do in Aussieland???

Reply soon!!!
love
chloe
xxxxxxx
Old Jun 13th 2005, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Re: Schools???

Originally Posted by chloegroovy
erm... i was just wondering if there r n e proper schools that actually wanna teach kids coz ma mum wants 2 send me 2 sum private school which is just like the 1 im at now (toooooooooooo strict!!!) i rlly dnt wanna go!!!

Reply soon!!!
love
chloe
xxxxxxx
Hi
my daughter does not want to go private either, (the uniform is not helping the issue as she would not wear one here in 6th form) she is 16.

My cousin has just moved back from Perth. She is now 18. She told my daughter that the private schools are not all stuck up and posh like we think of them in England. She said her mates who went to public had more trouble with not learning (ie disruptive classmates) than any one in her school but all schools are different.

Don't worry you'll be fine where ever you end up
Tara
Old Jun 13th 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Chloe
bump this to the top of the forum tonight, then the people in Australia will be out of bed!
Tara
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:22 am
ABCDiamond

Here's another bump

The private schools here are not that bad at all. Trust me, I'm a Dad

2nd langages vary depending on the school. In our area they do Japanese, Indonesian and German. (there was a big German influence here in the 1800's)

Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:44 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Reply soon!!!
love
chloe
xxxxxxx
hi chloe my brother went to private school in oz ...they are nowhere near as bad as ones in the uk .....and japanese tends to be a popular second language with the asian market been close and more jobs involving the language...
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Trax is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chloe,

My 2 girls (a bit younger than you) started at a private school in Sydney in February, and they really enjoy it. The private schools here are so much more laid back than in the UK. There are also quite a few expats at the school - so you can make friends quite quickly. They have wonderful facilities and especially if you are into music, art or sport. There seems to be a choice of Japanese, German, French or Latin and possibly other languages.

Make sure your Mum has a good look around - some are definitely much nicer than others. Also make sure she takes you to have a look around first, if this is possible, so you can help choose.

Hope it goes well

Trax

Reply soon!!!
love
chloe
xxxxxxx
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Hi Chloe,

My three sons (13, 15 and 17 y/o) are in a private school here in Aus and they love it. Since my sons were "unschooled" most of their lives (that's where you are schooled at home and have no structured classes) I thought they'd hate private school, but they don't want to change schools now, so it must be good.

It's not as strict as the UK and the quality of learning is a whole lot better than public schools where the children can be a bit out of control. Their extra-murals are also way more fun with loads of excursions & stuff like snowboarding and skiing in winter. Many private schools allow you to wear make-up and jewelry and to colour your hair.

Some of the stuff they do is pretty boring, but the boys say they make up for it in all the other fun stuff.

Give it a go when you arrive here and see what it's about first before making up your mind. I think you'll find it is not what you thought it would be.