school socks

Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default school socks

We leave in two weeks and tescos have got massive deals on socks/schoolwear.... seriously, do boys wear grey, girls white asa rule? what should I be buying cheap here ready for school there? ankle socks, trainer socks or knee length?

(3 school age kids 2x male 1x female)

sorry this latest muppet question is as usual alcohol inspired....
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: school socks

Hi,

That is a really good question. What area are you looking to settle in? All the schools in Perth that I have looked into have very different uniforms than they do here. They even seem to wear trainers and sports socks so I would hold off and see if anyone over there can help you a little more.

Sarah.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at south of perth, don't know which school, but it wont be a private one as we a, can't afford the fees and b, have kids who need a more relaxed style of education than they have had here in the uk rather than a little britain replica (apologies to all those out there who believe that the UK education system is gods gift to children....)
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:21 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Well sounds like the kids will be wearing sports/ankle socks. Def not grey
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

My son's school (state school) are strict on uniform and you have to buy the school socks. They are grey knee-length with the school colours round the top so plain grey would not do. For soccer it has to be the navy school soccer socks with a pale blue band, again knee-length. Rowing = no socks!
Socks seem to be very much part of the uniform and not something you can buy at the local shops. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:44 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

My daughter HAS to wear grey!! And school sports socks ONLY!! So I wouldnt bother!!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:32 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
We leave in two weeks and tescos have got massive deals on socks/schoolwear.... seriously, do boys wear grey, girls white asa rule? what should I be buying cheap here ready for school there? ankle socks, trainer socks or knee length?

(3 school age kids 2x male 1x female)

sorry this latest muppet question is as usual alcohol inspired....
There was a thread when I first joined about ironing boards. I think you just topped it for purile questions
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:24 pm

oddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really nice

I'd have a look on some school web sites in the area you intend to move to. This should give you an idea of what they might wear and whether it's worth bringing any socks, although I'd like to think that they aren't that expensive in Oz - or am I missing something?!!

The one thing I have bought are school shoes, as I don't want the hassle of trying to find good shoe shops (of which there may be many) in Sydney. Best to hit the ground running, so to speak!

Sarah
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by worzel
There was a thread when I first joined about ironing boards. I think you just topped it for purile questions
RESULT
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:44 pm

oddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really nice