Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bricklaying liscences anyone know?

bricklaying liscences anyone know?

Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:00 am
Just Joined

maudes is on a distinguished road
Default bricklaying liscences anyone know?

hi,i am a brickie hopefully moving out there soon,we have got the TRA forms ready to send,and the visas filled,i have been a self-employed bricklayer for over 20 years,have a city and guilds in advanced brickwork and done a 3 year apprentiship and been sub contracting ever since,does anyone know the situation in adelaide and whether u need a liscence or how easy it is to get a job..cheers chris and sharon
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bricklaying liscences anyone know?

Originally Posted by maudes
hi,i am a brickie hopefully moving out there soon,we have got the TRA forms ready to send,and the visas filled,i have been a self-employed bricklayer for over 20 years,have a city and guilds in advanced brickwork and done a 3 year apprentiship and been sub contracting ever since,does anyone know the situation in adelaide and whether u need a liscence or how easy it is to get a job..cheers chris and sharon

Licencing regs, for SA are here: http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/licensing/

I think (but don't quote me) that you only need a licence if you are setting up on your own (a contractors licence). If you work for someone else, then I don't think you need a licence, only Health & Safety card etc.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

willywonka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maudes
hi chris
names mark ive also posted the same question about licence
cant see the need, if as you have been doing the job for 20 years
im also thinking of going to adelaide
best wishes mark michelle
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

toan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by willywonka
hi chris
names mark ive also posted the same question about licence
cant see the need, if as you have been doing the job for 20 years
im also thinking of going to adelaide
best wishes mark michelle
hiya,
you need to go to www.bluedogtraining.co.au
ozzie equivalent to cscs caed.
its called blue card apply on line until you pass then print form off and send it with payment.you can do it anytime from here.
hope its clear,
tony