Reload this Page >

School Questions

School Questions

Old Jul 20th 2004, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

sid1104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School Questions

I got my ‘Yellow Envelope’ yesterday…

Have some questions regarding Schooling for my 8 year old, who is really excited about the new life in Australia (and he is a great fan of Bret Lee & Ricky Ponting – and he still would remain a great fan of Sachin Tendulkar, I suppose)

1.Admission/ Enrollment

My son is 8 years old and would turn 9 in April 2005. He is studying in class III here in India. Will he get admission to class III in Australia as well?
What are the enrollment criteria – Will my son be required to take some test or he will be assigned a class based on age?

2.Immunization certificate

I understand that the school would be requiring an Immunization certificate at the time of enrollment.
Though my son (aged 8 years) has been immunized, but I don’t have the exact details of immunization or any certificate as such.

What should be done w.r.t Immunization certificate?

3.Session

I understand that the new session starts in January. If the child arrives in Australia, let’s say in June – is the child still given admission?

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Questions

Originally posted by sid1104
I got my ‘Yellow Envelope’ yesterday…

Have some questions regarding Schooling for my 8 year old, who is really excited about the new life in Australia (and he is a great fan of Bret Lee & Ricky Ponting – and he still would remain a great fan of Sachin Tendulkar, I suppose)

1.Admission/ Enrollment

My son is 8 years old and would turn 9 in April 2005. He is studying in class III here in India. Will he get admission to class III in Australia as well?
What are the enrollment criteria – Will my son be required to take some test or he will be assigned a class based on age?

2.Immunization certificate

I understand that the school would be requiring an Immunization certificate at the time of enrollment.
Though my son (aged 8 years) has been immunized, but I don’t have the exact details of immunization or any certificate as such.

What should be done w.r.t Immunization certificate?

3.Session

I understand that the new session starts in January. If the child arrives in Australia, let’s say in June – is the child still given admission?

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Which state are you going to because admission age varies.

State schools have no entry tests whatsoever, they must take any child no matter when they arrive. Only resriction is some very popular schools have certain areas you must live in to attend.

Private schools usually have an interview and might ask to see previous school reports.

Immunistation, I thought you only needed that for childcare centres and preschools, but at some stage of life you will need it so just get a letter from your doctor is you cant find certificates.