Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School catchment question

School catchment question

Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice
Default School catchment question

I'm sure you clever guys can answer this question. My son goes to Mountain Creek primary (sunshine Coast) as we live in the catchment area. We are thinking of moving outside the catchment area for the school, would he still be able to attend there high school when he leaves the primary school? If he is, then would my daughter who is now 3 still be able to attend the school when she is at school age.

Cheers
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of
Default Re: School catchment question

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa
I'm sure you clever guys can answer this question. My son goes to Mountain Creek primary (sunshine Coast) as we live in the catchment area. We are thinking of moving outside the catchment area for the school, would he still be able to attend there high school when he leaves the primary school? If he is, then would my daughter who is now 3 still be able to attend the school when she is at school age.

Cheers
I think this will be down to the High school and whether they have a place available at the time. I don't think you will find that they are "obliged" to offer them a place if you live outside the catchment at he time.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School catchment question

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa

Cheers

Your child having gone/or currently going to mt creek primary does not get them in, its the area that counts.

You can apply for a exemption for the school if you have a very good reason.

We dont live in the area but our youngest son got in, due to very high academic achievement, he got into Zenith.

Mt creek has just been named as one of the most overcrowded schools in qld ( on class sizes ) the zenith classes are one of the worst, however because those type of kids want to work nobody seems concerned about it. Teachers those classes, quite different from some of the mid band classes there

However now the overcrowding story is out, maybe they will tighten the area exemptions?

Once one sibling is in, the other child can usually get in by the exemption method.