Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to live Bris/Sunshine

Where to live Bris/Sunshine

Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

sandals is just really nicesandals is just really nicesandals is just really nicesandals is just really nicesandals is just really nicesandals is just really nicesandals is just really nicesandals is just really nice
Default Where to live Bris/Sunshine

Just seeking some sound advice if you please,

Me and my OH are moving to Mooloolaba in November. (Staying with friends to start with.) I will be working as an Electrician. What I would like to ask is, if my work ends up mainly in Brisbane would my comute each day be do-able or should I think hard about moving closer to the big smoke. If so where is a nice alternative?!

Think I know my answer already....But would like to get opinions from people who know! CHEERS
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:13 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live Bris/Sunshine

Mooloolaba and Caloundra are growing areas and I don't think you'll find too much trouble getting work once you have your Electricians ticket. Maybe an electrician on here would be able to tell you how long that would take to get.

Good Luck with the move.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:46 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Check out this thread:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=electrician
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:15 am
Just Joined

ey up 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like the other posters say, if you want to work there are plenty of jobs, the sticking point will be obtaining a Queensland electrical Licence, If you havent started the process (TRA counts for nothing once you get here) start now as it can be frustrating & time consuming. Read all the posts on the electricians forum as its a goldmine of relevant information. Have you visisted the Sunshine Coast as it (imho) beats Brisbane any day of the week particularly if you have young family.