Saying goodbye to pets

Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:52 am
Just Joined

locky40 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know about New Zealand, do they have to become indoor cats
Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:04 am
rudo1ph

Originally posted by Sandra
Check on your council area rules - some councils stipulate that cats have to be in from sundown to sun up. Rehoming was a better option for us, a good friend took my cat and she is very happy, happier than I believe she would have been moving her.

Cheers

Not sure what my local council says......but mine come home for tea anyway......and then stay in for the night - we don't have a cat flap so they don't have any choice

Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:11 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rudo1ph
Not sure what my local council says......but mine come home for tea anyway......and then stay in for the night - we don't have a cat flap so they don't have any choice
Do you check them constantly for ticks? Ticks are bad in my area, it is a pain taking them off the kids after a bush walk. Apparently the ticks can kills very quickly here.

I am in Ku Ring Gai Council area and we are requested to keep cats in at all times - but at least at night

http://www.kmc.nsw.gov.au/index.cfm?...C40002A5908D91

http://www.kmc.nsw.gov.au/index.cfm?...C40002A5908D91

I know I possibly will not consider another cat here in Aus now, but obviously that is my choice and I am not saying that is right for anyone else.

Cheers
Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:33 am
rudo1ph

We've never had any problems with ticks here - we live Glenhaven, so it's Baulkham Hills Council.

I didn't realise I was supposed to register my kitties!!!! I guess I need to call the council tomorrow!!!!