Satellie tv

Old Jul 2nd 2005, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: Satellie tv

I agree that free to air TV isnt up to much, but I really have to say that I find a lot of interestng programmes on Foxtel if i take the time to look for them.

Heres just a small selection of channels i get a lot of interest from

National Geographic
Discovery
Discovery Health
Crime and Investigation Network
Lifestyle Channel
BBC World
Sky News
Woman Channel
Arena
UK TV
ESPN
Fox Sports
History Channel
How To
Comedy channels 1&2
Biography Channel

This is just a small handful... theres heaps more that i dont really look at including 5 channels solely for kids.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podgypossum
This is just a small handful... theres heaps more that i dont really look at including 5 channels solely for kids.
Nice to see you using the lingo 'heaps more' you are now well on your way to becoming a ture Oz.

I have to say that I do find Foxtel pretty pants, but I can always find something to watch, somewhere. Its just a case of adjusting to the channels here.

Jo
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

No worries mate..
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 8:48 am
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough

What i miss most is all the discovery channels, I'm not a sport fan well not to watch anyway, I like to be out there doing things and if i cant do them because of the weather and such thing i like to watch programs about animals and the planet and adventure which some people on here think is a stupid thing to do, They think i should read a book well i just don't have the time to read and why should i when i can watch it on TV or go out a see it for myself i have only ever read a couple of books in my life and was not that impressed with them,I read a book about Vietnam can remember who it was by but thought i would go there and see it myself and soon realised the person who had written the book could not of seen the real country well not what i had seen anyway it was so beautiful the people were so friendly,Anyway that got me going so i spent 3 years traveling the world after spending 9 years in the army travailing the world so now i am intending to settle in Australia where i was born and travel around it and do not need simpletons implying i am to stupid to pick up a book and read it or just spend my time sat in front of a TV because i don't i enjoy the outdoor live but from time to time after work i do enjoy sitting down and vegging out in front of the TV is that so bad i don't think so,So excuse me if i want to know if i can get sky TV in Australia.Plus the wife is driving my crazy wanting to know what is going on in Easterners
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Well just pop down the mall and get hooked up to foxtel!! It has all you want and more. Check my small list above and you will see theres plenty of Discovery/history/nature documentaries and such like.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 9:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Homer
What i miss most is all the discovery channels, I'm not a sport fan well not to watch anyway, I like to be out there doing things and if i cant do them because of the weather and such thing i like to watch programs about animals and the planet and adventure which some people on here think is a stupid thing to do, They think i should read a book well i just don't have the time to read and why should i when i can watch it on TV or go out a see it for myself i have only ever read a couple of books in my life and was not that impressed with them,I read a book about Vietnam can remember who it was by but thought i would go there and see it myself and soon realised the person who had written the book could not of seen the real country well not what i had seen anyway it was so beautiful the people were so friendly,Anyway that got me going so i spent 3 years traveling the world after spending 9 years in the army travailing the world so now i am intending to settle in Australia where i was born and travel around it and do not need simpletons implying i am to stupid to pick up a book and read it or just spend my time sat in front of a TV because i don't i enjoy the outdoor live but from time to time after work i do enjoy sitting down and vegging out in front of the TV is that so bad i don't think so,So excuse me if i want to know if i can get sky TV in Australia.Plus the wife is driving my crazy wanting to know what is going on in Easterners
OK, keep your wig on!!
One little point - if you have time towatch TV, you have time to read I'm not implying you're a simpleton or anything btw, I know some people just don't like reading, fair enough

Now, back to the TV you have Foxtel, even without the extra Digital stuff you can get UKTV - complete with Eastenders, plus National Geographic and Discovery, for starters.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 11:32 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Homer
Oh great, a manic depressive in the family as well - well there goes the neighbourhood.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 11:45 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megalania
Oh great, a manic depressive in the family as well - well there goes the neighbourhood.
now ,now MEG your persona is showing ............ mm
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podgypossum
I agree that free to air TV isnt up to much, but I really have to say that I find a lot of interestng programmes on Foxtel if i take the time to look for them.

Heres just a small selection of channels i get a lot of interest from

National Geographic
Discovery
Discovery Health
Crime and Investigation Network
Lifestyle Channel
BBC World
Sky News
Woman Channel
Arena
UK TV
ESPN
Fox Sports
History Channel
How To
Comedy channels 1&2
Biography Channel

You missed out the Food channel, and Lifestyle food. I can sit and watch them all day.

I'm not gay or anything.

Just hungry,

JTL
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:58 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Now come on JTL, you aren't allowed to say things like "I'm hungry", that could be classed as moaning......have you seen Mrs D's current ticker-thingy
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Now come on JTL, you aren't allowed to say things like "I'm hungry", that could be classed as moaning......have you seen Mrs D's current ticker-thingy

Yeah, but she changed it.

It used to say 'One day until JTL stops moaning' What was she thinking? When I lose the ability to type maybe I'll stop moaning (at least on this forum).

I enjoy a good moan, its different to a whinge.

JTL
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:15 pm
Home and Happy

Mmmmm, could be right there, the circumstances that make people moan aren't always the same as those that make them whinge
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:45 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I enjoy a good moan, its different to a whinge.

JTL
If its different then you're world class at both .
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Mmmmm, could be right there, the circumstances that make people moan aren't always the same as those that make them whinge

Mrs JTL could explain the difference better than me

JTL