British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Satellie tv (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/satellie-tv-311481/)

Homer Jul 1st 2005 6:33 am

Satellie tv

Ok i miss my sky TV so much someone out there must know of a company that i can get the right dish and box from to get it over here please tell me i live in rockingham WA i know it is not cheap but on these winter nights i need something good to watch :)

JayDeee Jul 1st 2005 7:00 am

Re: Satellie tv

Just get Foxtel digital it is practically the same as Sky.

Foxtel IQ is the same system as Sky +

Homer Jul 1st 2005 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Just get Foxtel digital it is practically the same as Sky.

Foxtel IQ is the same system as Sky +

Sorry i have foxtel it is c**P what has it got 40 channels sky has what 200 300 i don't mind not having much to watch in the summer as we are out all the time but the winter you are in most of the time and need something to watch but thanks for reply all the same. :D

Megalania Jul 1st 2005 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Homer
Ok i miss my sky TV so much someone out there must know of a company that i can get the right dish and box from to get it over here please tell me i live in rockingham WA i know it is not cheap but on these winter nights i need something good to watch :)

http://www.biopsych.net/biopsych/simpbrain.jpg

wavy_davy Jul 1st 2005 2:12 pm

lmao, my thoughts exactly. :D

Pollyana Jul 1st 2005 3:39 pm

Sorry i have foxtel it is c**P what has it got 40 channels sky has what 200 300 i don't mind not having much to watch in the summer as we are out all the time but the winter you are in most of the time and need something to watch but thanks for reply all the same. :D

When I was a kid we had lots of power cuts (bit like here really :D ) and we spent our tv-less evenings reading, playing games, talking to each other......
Nowadays all those pleasures still exist, as to other pastimes when tv is c**p - videos, dvds, the internet.

You cannot get UK Sky here via satellite dish :rolleyes: However, Foxtel Digital has more than 40 channels, try that if you really can't cope. :confused:

JayDeee Jul 1st 2005 6:13 pm

Sorry but foxtel digital has a lot more than 40 chanels.

Cant say I have counted them but definately more that 40

chloegroovy Jul 1st 2005 7:34 pm

hiya sky has 999 channels lol

chloe
xxxxxx

Megalania Jul 2nd 2005 12:32 am

Originally Posted by chloegroovy
hiya sky has 999 channels lol

chloe
xxxxxx

EatStatic continuously on 911 of them.

Homer Jul 2nd 2005 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Megalania

Yer very good you fool you take the p**s out of me wanting sky when with all the post you have put up you seem to spend most your time in front of you PC lol so don't go there ok And as for those that put post up when you are not even out here lets see how you get on when you get here. :)

Megalania Jul 2nd 2005 6:14 am

Yer very good you fool you take the p**s out of me wanting sky when with all the post you have put up you seem to spend most your time in front of you PC lol so don't go there ok And as for those that put post up when you are not even out here lets see how you get on when you get here. :)

Wonder what Homer would have done faced with your dilemma?

http://users.erols.com/antos/dante/homer.jpg

podgypossum Jul 2nd 2005 7:05 am

Maybe if you acually explained what it is you are looking for on TV we might get a better idea of what you want instead of just saying its all crap.
You say Brit TV has 400 channels... 400 channels of what?

walla Jul 2nd 2005 7:10 am

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Maybe if you acually explained what it is you are looking for on TV we might get a better idea of what you want instead of just saying its all crap.
You say Brit TV has 400 channels... 400 channels of what?

392 channels of them shite :D

Pollyana Jul 2nd 2005 7:17 am

Originally Posted by walla1
392 channels of them shite :D

:D :D

Brings to mind an interesting thought though - has anyone actually packed up and gone home because of the standard of the tv here....... ;)

walla Jul 2nd 2005 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
:D :D

Brings to mind an interesting thought though - has anyone actually packed up and gone home because of the standard of the tv here....... ;)

who needs tv when you can surf with sharks?