Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sat Nav Tom Tom Australia Maps

Sat Nav Tom Tom Australia Maps

Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sat Nav Tom Tom Australia Maps

Is is worth getting them here or when we get to Oz?

Mandy
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:04 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sat Nav Tom Tom Australia Maps

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2

Mandy
It depends on a few things Mandy,
The area you are moving to(If its a small town and your not traveling around much not much point) But if your moving to a big area and are going to travel around I would defenetly get one.
The road maps they have over here are very good.
The TomTom we have though does not show the road we live on so if people are coming to visit using one they could not find us.
Overall I would say get one!!!!
Gary and Vikky
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:09 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all

HI
Remember you can also download the Australia maps from the tom tom web site and put them onto your one containing the uk ones on the sd card think you will also have to delete the uk ones as Oz is a lot bigger. i think its £40 for them direct from tom tom web site.

steve
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Location: At the moment Lichfield, Staffs. Hopefully Adelaide June/July 08
Aussiebound is an unknown quantity at this point

At the moment the maps on the Tom Tom site are half price. The OZ map is now £59.99 and it's a 122mb download, you don't have to delete your existing maps you can put them onto seperate sd cards and just swap the cards over, or buy a bigger card and put them all on one card like i have done. All the instructions are on the Tom Tom site and it's very easy to do, even i managed it I hope this helps.

http://www.tomtom.com/
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

I've just bought and loaded up the Oz map onto my TomTom as we're off in April. Considering they cover all of mainland Australia and Tassy, £60 is good value. Plus you can spend the evening looking at routes you plan to drive

-deano the saddo
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks everyone, we are downloading them now. I'm not sure we would have brought it if it had been at full price

I only passed my UK test in the summer (ready for when we get to Oz) and my directional skills are less that perfect.

Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I have a terrible sence of direction so I plan on getting one when I get to Oz.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:44 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2

Mandy
apparently there on the torrentspy website
not that i would download them for free or anything
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Tassiedevil35 is an unknown quantity at this point

But whats the Best Tom Tom to get?? Any help would be appreciated, We plan on getting one b4 we leave UK in March 08. Also how do u download the Australian maps on it???
Sorry i know im thick, its called being blonde!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Prob wrong here but i 'think' a tom tom 'one' will be sufficient as the more expensive versions just have europe maps etc for the money (and prob a slightly bigger screen)
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi we bought a tom tom one when we arrived in Adelaide - and it was one of the best things that we have bought in all honesty - we use it nearly every day! Highly recommended!

Lindsey
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:10 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
Prob wrong here but i 'think' a tom tom 'one' will be sufficient as the more expensive versions just have europe maps etc for the money (and prob a slightly bigger screen)
The difference is in the hardware, not the maps. The One is the entry level model - it doesn't include text-to-speech and its CPU isn't as powerful. The 510 (and upwards) have wider screens, iPod compatibility, Bluetooth Handsfree phone interface, and a light sensor. Oh - and an optional remote control.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

So which is best? Are there any other makes other than tom tom which are good too?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I got a Navman S50 for Christmas and I absolutely love it. I have NO sense of direction and used to spend 20 minute studying the map before I went anywhere muttering "7 sets of lights, then turn left" to myself over and over, then losing track as the kids squabbled in the back. I dithered between it and a Tom Tom but felt in the end that I got more bang for my buck with the Navman. It cost me $457. If you're hiring a car straight from the airport on arrival though I can see the benefits of having one already and just sticking it on the dashboard.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:33 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
apparently there on the torrentspy website
not that i would download them for free or anything

No *cough* nor would i.

I bought the Tomtom GO910 in UK back in August. I love the fact it speaks the name of every road you turn into, although the pronounciation of some Aussie road is a laugh when spoken by my posh pommie puter generated voice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.