SAP markets?

Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

stummo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SAP markets?

Hi,

Bit specific, but here goes.....

I've had a 175 visa for a couple of years and am looking to relocate from the UK later this year. I wonder if anyone can advise on where I should be looking for work - I am open to most locations?

I'm a 'Senior SAP Technical consultant / lead consultant' , Been in SAP for 14years (all consultancy), I have the expected ABAP back-end skills along with more niche Web Dynpro, Visual Composer, Portals, workflow and Sybase / mobile skills.

I'm married with 2 kids under 5 years old.

I'm in talks with a couple of consultancies, but also want to keep options open, especially contracting as this might be the only way to get a comparable salary to mine in the UK. The problem I have is I see Sydney and Melbourne with plently of jobs, but house prices seem steep so am possibly looking at Brisbane, but don't want the scenario where I end up having to get on a flight on a monday morning to go to work if the opportunities dry up there....Have relatives in Perth, but don't see much SAP work there?

Any advice appreciated. Also how buoyant is the ABAP market at the moment?

Thanks in advance....
Old Apr 12th 2011, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SAP markets?

friend of mine was SAP- not sure if that is still his thing (he was in ME for a while) but he recently returned to Aus and said there is loads of IT work in Brisbane. Of course this is one person's view but he said it in good faith- as he suggested me and my family might want to relocate there.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 3:28 am
Just Joined

circling the drain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SAP markets?

Originally Posted by stummo
Hi,

Bit specific, but here goes.....

I've had a 175 visa for a couple of years and am looking to relocate from the UK later this year. I wonder if anyone can advise on where I should be looking for work - I am open to most locations?

I'm a 'Senior SAP Technical consultant / lead consultant' , Been in SAP for 14years (all consultancy), I have the expected ABAP back-end skills along with more niche Web Dynpro, Visual Composer, Portals, workflow and Sybase / mobile skills.

I'm married with 2 kids under 5 years old.

I'm in talks with a couple of consultancies, but also want to keep options open, especially contracting as this might be the only way to get a comparable salary to mine in the UK. The problem I have is I see Sydney and Melbourne with plently of jobs, but house prices seem steep so am possibly looking at Brisbane, but don't want the scenario where I end up having to get on a flight on a monday morning to go to work if the opportunities dry up there....Have relatives in Perth, but don't see much SAP work there?

Any advice appreciated. Also how buoyant is the ABAP market at the moment?

Thanks in advance....
SAP is more common here than you think. My wife worked with SAP in London until we left last year and thought the only places you could get work would be in Sydney or Melbourne. We are currently living on the Central Coast (NSW) and she managed to get work not far from here.

Newcastle has several companies that use SAP, especially in the mining sector and were very keen to have wife on board but the commute was too much from where we are. Newcastle is undergoing a bit of regeneration too and has some great beaches. Cost of living cheaper than Sydney too.

We had friends up last weekend who are SAP consultants working in Sydney. Lets just say they are very comfortable financially.

Hope this helps