Reload this Page >

Rubber Dollar- Stable?

Rubber Dollar- Stable?

Old Jun 9th 2003, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rubber Dollar- Stable?

Hi All,
Is it just me or is the rubber dollar looking stable at 2.5, well what do you think, should I cash in my paltry figure now! Some of the figures posted on the "How much equity" poll, made me want to cry.

After paying off Grad loans we will have about 15k, not a lot, but we both are under no illusions that we will have to work. Made 25 k on the house in 3 years. We won't be living in any of the major cities, so the can't get a house for $350,000 does not apply to us. We will be renting a house initially, 4 Bed in Yepoon A/C $250 pw.

I think some people on this site forget that there are other places than the big cities, would not want to live anywhere near the city centre anyway! Coastal town for me, suppose it's each to their own.

Cheers
Gary
Old Jun 9th 2003, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Money changing is all about dice and crystal balls so I wont comment on that one.

What sort of work line are you in? Would have thought the job sit in Yepoon was fairly limited, have you looked into it much? Friends mum lives up there I might be able to ask some questions?
Old Jun 9th 2003, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dotty,
Clare my partner is a Radiographer got a job in Rockhampton, 30 mins away from Yepoon, I have experience in the meat trade so I am hoping Rocky will suit me. We have not decided where to rent yet, but the Chief Radiographer said a lot of the staff live in Yepoon, but we will see when we get there!

Thanks for the reply Dotty!
Gary
Old Jun 9th 2003, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Glad the jobs sorted out, hope you like the place certainly an oportunity to see some nice islands and beaches.

Good luck with the dollar question too.
Old Jun 9th 2003, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think 2.5 is too bad a price really. If I was ready to go now I wouldn't be too bothered about exchanging at that price. If it was less than $2 to the £1 then I might feel differently. Its crystal ball time -you could wait and it drops or you could exchange and it goes up.
My advice would be to exchange some now and then the rest just before you go (not too long to go is it now) and then don't look at the exchange rates again.
Glad Clare got a job sorted, bit dodgy there for a moment.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do and on your new life in Oz

Cheers