Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

RSMS and skill matching for midwives

RSMS and skill matching for midwives

Old Nov 1st 2004, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Question RSMS and skill matching for midwives

Does any one have any experience of the regional sponsored migration scheme or the skill matching data base I am in a bit of a quandry as to which to apply for , those or skilled independant . Anyone have any views?
Thanx Chris
Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Default Re: RSMS and skill matching for midwives

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Does any one have any experience of the regional sponsored migration scheme or the skill matching data base I am in a bit of a quandry as to which to apply for , those or skilled independant . Anyone have any views?
Thanx Chris
Hiya Chris depends on your age and how long youve been a midwife
if you have worked as a nurse or midwife for . 3 out of the last 5 years you should be able to go for a skilled independant which gives you more freedom and you would be fast tracked
Just have a good look at booklet 6 and check your points I got 120 without a job offer
We are very lucky as every where seems to be short of midwives (feel quite guil ty really if i let myself think about it ) but go for it
good luck Mary
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 12:16 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Chris,

Leaving costs to one side, I'd usually recommend one of the skilled visas (eg a Skilled Independent visa) over a RSMS visa, as the latter can lead to visa cancellation if you leave the nominating employer within 2 years.

The Skills Matching strategy usually works best when you have a State Nomination running alongside it.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Thanx Chris
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 8:31 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Chris,

Leaving costs to one side, I'd usually recommend one of the skilled visas (eg a Skilled Independent visa) over a RSMS visa, as the latter can lead to visa cancellation if you leave the nominating employer within 2 years.

The Skills Matching strategy usually works best when you have a State Nomination running alongside it.

Best regards.
As Alan says, if you can qualify for skilled independent (the 120 points route), that's the best route. Or skilled sponsored if you have a relative in Australia.

Next options (in order of preference) are usually:

1. Skill Matching/STNI or Employer Nomination (ENS)
2. RSMS
3. SIR
4. Any other kind of temporary visa.

Options 3 and 4 have a range of risks and issues and should be weighed up carefully.

Jeremy