Student Visas

Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

jonandsam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student Visas

Can anyone help please my husband and two children are emigrating to sydney . I have applied to go to The Tafe in Wollongong but we are now struggling with our visas it just seems so complicated can anyone help or recomend a good agent.

My course starts feb 05 and we are panicking now!

Sam

Last edited by JAJ; Nov 2nd 2004 at 8:35 am.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:35 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student Visas

I start a degree in Feb 05. What are the complications in your application??

I assume you have paid your first year course fees and have a Confirmation of Enrolment.

Steve

Originally Posted by jonandsam
Can anyone help please my husband and two children are emigrating to sydney . I have applied to go to The Tafe in Wollongong but we are now struggling with our visas it just seems so complicated can anyone help or recomend a good agent.

Last edited by JAJ; Nov 2nd 2004 at 8:36 am.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

jonandsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stevereed
I start a degree in Feb 05. What are the complications in your application??

I assume you have paid your first year course fees and have a Confirmation of Enrolment.

Steve
Yes we have paid our fees and have coe, do we need medicals/x rays?,do we need to enrol our 2 children in schools before we apply for our visa? the funds we have are in our house profits we have a sale going through now do the funds need to be in a bank account before the visa application is put forward?, we do'not have a credit card and are not assesment level1 we are assesment level2 it does not seem we can apply online. and lastly how long does the visa application take ? . A lot of questions i know but any help you could give us would be fantastic.
thank you
Sam.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 8:19 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't made my student visa app yet, but this is what I have found out.

[QUOTE=jonandsam]Yes we have paid our fees and have coe, do we need medicals/x rays?,

A. Some posters on this site say you definitely need meds etc, but having looked at Form 1163i at

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/forms_alpha2.htm#s

it appears you may not, depending on your circumstances. See the Key at the bottom of the form. When you put in your visa application you'll be notified if you need medicals etc. Kids under 11 don't need chest x-rays.

Q. do we need to enrol our 2 children in schools before we apply for our visa?

A.You need to apply and pay your fees to enrol your kids, but you don't need to select a school before you get there.

Q.the funds we have are in our house profits we have a sale going through now do the funds need to be in a bank account before the visa application is put forward?

A. You need to prove 1st year funds are available before when you apply for your visa. Go to www.immi.gov.au and do the step by step student visa bit. It'll tell you how much you need. In my case about £19000 UKP

At Assessment Level 2 you need to declare that you have the rest.

Q.we do'not have a credit card and are not assesment level1 we are assesment level2 it does not seem we can apply online.

A. Correct

Q.and lastly how long does the visa application take ?

A. I've read it takes 2 - 3 weeks

. A lot of questions i know but any help you could give us would be fantastic.
thank you
Sam.

PS. whatt course are you doing and what is you migration plan for the end of it???

If you need the NSW school enrolment info and forms, drop me an email and I'll send it to you.

Cheers

Steve
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 8:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonandsam

My course starts feb 05 and we are panicking now!

Sam

With respect, you can't 'emigrate' on a student visa, you're just a visitor and unless you qualify for permanent residence later on you will have to go home.

If you are going to Wollongong on a student visa, be aware your children will be charged fees to go to school in NSW - AUD4.5k per child per year.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Nov 2nd 2004 at 8:46 am.