Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Royal Wedding....

The Royal Wedding....

Old Apr 28th 2011, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

PamK will become famous soon enoughPamK will become famous soon enough
Default The Royal Wedding....

I must say I am amazed there is no meet-up to watch this "grand event" which I have been badgered about by all and one sundry Aussie!!!! hahahhahaa

Don’t get me wrong – I don’t mind some of the Royals – BUT I am sat here scared to turn the telly on for fear of yet more bombardment about anything the Royal Wedding galore…..the levels of speculation on just about everything are insane...

However, reckon will watch it someplace and some Aussie pals wanting to hook up, so if anyone is out and about or has plans to be watching it someplace (ummmmmmm ...hopefully...flicking off course btn the Broncos/Bulldogs game and the Super15!) let me know.....

woohoo x
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:36 am
Just Joined

kiwidragon has a brilliant futurekiwidragon has a brilliant futurekiwidragon has a brilliant futurekiwidragon has a brilliant futurekiwidragon has a brilliant futurekiwidragon has a brilliant futurekiwidragon has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Royal Wedding....

I heard there are some expats heading to the Pig n Whistle on Eagle Street (Riverside) around 1pm on Saturday for The Event Of The Century (apparently!!), so myself and my hubby are planning to pop in and see if there's anything going on. Kiwidragon
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

PamK will become famous soon enoughPamK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kiwidragon
I heard there are some expats heading to the Pig n Whistle on Eagle Street (Riverside) around 1pm on Saturday for The Event Of The Century (apparently!!), so myself and my hubby are planning to pop in and see if there's anything going on. Kiwidragon
Saturday? I believe its being televised live from the 'Motherland' 7pm Friday?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Was in the Pig myself tother day and it was advertising 4 or 5 days of events as well as the BBC (British Brisbane Club) advertising it was indeed having a meet on the 29th Why a day later God only knows
Old Apr 29th 2011, 11:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pamvt
I must say I am amazed there is no meet-up to watch this "grand event" which I have been badgered about by all and one sundry Aussie!!!! hahahhahaa

Don’t get me wrong – I don’t mind some of the Royals – BUT I am sat here scared to turn the telly on for fear of yet more bombardment about anything the Royal Wedding galore…..the levels of speculation on just about everything are insane...

However, reckon will watch it someplace and some Aussie pals wanting to hook up, so if anyone is out and about or has plans to be watching it someplace (ummmmmmm ...hopefully...flicking off course btn the Broncos/Bulldogs game and the Super15!) let me know.....

woohoo x
If I'd been there we could've tried to do a meet for it, but I'm in a far better place at the moment, watching it from a pub in norf London