Qld school ages

Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Laura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really nice
Default Qld school ages

Just wondered what ages kids start nursery/preschool then year 1 at school in Queensland.

She will be about 2 by the time we move and just wondering what happens next....cheers

Laura x
Old Apr 29th 2011, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qld school ages

Originally Posted by Laura1888
Just wondered what ages kids start nursery/preschool then year 1 at school in Queensland.

She will be about 2 by the time we move and just wondering what happens next....cheers

Laura x
A long wait!

Scroll down to the bottom for school entry ages http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Australia

But in general kids dont start full time school until they are 5 or about to turn 5. Part time school the year before that.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Laura1888

Laura x
You will have a few years to wait......... my grand daughter just started pre school this year and she is 5. You can enrol into kindergarten but at 4 I think.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

they go to prep the financial year that they are 5. its not compulsory. So its financial year July - June. So my little girl will be 5 in June (she was born 2006) and started prep as the youngest in her class this january.

Year one is the year you turn 6, so my other one started year 1 this year.

My second did a year of "kindy program" which is taught by teachers in a childcare setting. That made a big difference I noticed. My little boy is in childcare, hes 3 in may. he will start kindy program next January - if the government continue it (its a trial)

July 2006-June 2007 - starts prep jan 2012, Year one Jan 2013
etc etc

Last edited by odyssey; Apr 30th 2011 at 8:43 am.