Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Royal Mail - waste of space

Royal Mail - waste of space

Old Sep 29th 2004, 8:48 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Royal Mail - waste of space

BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER

Our first time at sending documents off Oz and they go missing!!!!

Sent our provisional RPL stuff to agents in Melbourne for them to check over before submitting 2 weeks ago and they haven't received it.

According to Royal Mail the international signed for service which give you a number to track and trace is only trackable until it leaves our shores - WHAT A BLOODY WASTE OF TIME. As I pointed out when I rang to complain, I paid for a signed for track and trace service, I didn't get that service. Blokey on end of phone said 'well it is signed for the other end'. DUH!! Yes, maybe, but how would I know If it's not tracked beyond our shores!!!

BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER

Have just got quote from DHL. Track & trace door to door with 4 day delivery £45 - NO BRAINER!!!

BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER

I'm off now to vent my spleen at husband.

D D
Old Sep 29th 2004, 9:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Mail - waste of space

Sorry! It's not my fault but sorry anyway

Can't the numpty tell you who signed for it? Then you could get on to them?

Good luck

Not a pretty picture - hubby with vented spleen all over him
Old Sep 29th 2004, 9:25 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorry! It's not my fault but sorry anyway

Can't the numpty tell you who signed for it? Then you could get on to them?

Good luck

Not a pretty picture - hubby with vented spleen all over him
Hi moneypen20

Royal Mail will only start an investigation into where the envelope is (or isn't!) 30 working days after it was posted and at the moment, no, they do not know where it is, if it reached Oz or if anyone signed for it.

Have (slightly) calmed down now, TescoMan has just been so I've been unpacking groceries so my mind has been taken off it. Just going to take Milly for a long walk and by then, all will be well with the world

Before I go though, I'll have a cuppa and a large slice to stickey cake (for medicinal purposes only!!!)

TTFN

D D

Last edited by DollyDaydream; Sep 29th 2004 at 9:29 am.
Old Sep 29th 2004, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs down Re: Royal Mail - waste of space

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER

Sent our provisional RPL stuff to agents in Melbourne for them to check over before submitting 2 weeks ago and they haven't received it.

According to Royal Mail the international signed for service which give you a number to track and trace is only trackable until it leaves our shores - WHAT A BLOODY WASTE OF TIME. As I pointed out when I rang to complain, I paid for a signed for track and trace service, I didn't get that service. Blokey on end of phone said 'well it is signed for the other end'. DUH!! Yes, maybe, but how would I know If it's not tracked beyond our shores!!!

BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER

Have just got quote from DHL. Track & trace door to door with 4 day delivery £45 - NO BRAINER!!!

BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER

D D
The Royal mail really are cr*p. We once sent a parcel and when we complained that it had not been recieved we got a smug worker who was pleased to inform us that it had arrived at its destination and signed for in Amsterdam so we had no cause for complaint...............
Oh is that so we replied? The parcel we sent was addressed to Brazil !!!!

Complain, Complain, Complain
Old Sep 29th 2004, 9:30 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Originally Posted by harveyhare
The Royal mail really are cr*p. We once sent a parcel and when we complained that it had not been recieved we got a smug worker who was pleased to inform us that it had arrived at its destination and signed for in Amsterdam so we had no cause for complaint...............
Oh is that so we replied? The parcel we sent was addressed to Brazil !!!!

Complain, Complain, Complain
Nice one!!
Old Sep 29th 2004, 10:13 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Even complain doesn't get far with this organisation - with many complaints sent re not receiving mail (that many senders had assured us had been sent), the only reply I received was to say 'sorry for delay, but you should have had a reply by now....'

Postwatch are now dealing with it, however they have a backlog dealing with all the PO complaints!!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 6:30 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER

BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER

BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER

D D

Hiya Dolly,
I know exactly what you mean. Have finally had letter from them saying that the Australian postal service have now confirmed that our package wasn't with consignment, duh! In other words RM have put the blame on Oz only to discover that it didn't arrive in the first place. Have sent us a cheque for postage. Thankfully DIMIA have requested meds without all our cards and photo's being seen. Fingers crossed they don't ask for it in the future.
Sarah