Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Royal Brunei airline

Royal Brunei airline

Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice
Default Royal Brunei airline

Hi has anyone used Royal Brunei airlines and are they any good, as you know its a long way to go with a crap airline, thanks Paul
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Brunei airline

Originally Posted by rangersman2
Hi has anyone used Royal Brunei airlines and are they any good, as you know its a long way to go with a crap airline, thanks Paul
Lots of posts on this if you do a search.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:01 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Last flew em back in 2003....they were absolutely fine. In those days there was no seat back TV etc but I think they have that now.

The stopovers in the airport in Brunei weren't too much fun.....very little in the way of things to do, the airport was tiny.

Remember too the airline is dry so no alcohol is supplied on board although you are welcome to take your own and they will give you soft drinks / mixers.

Have a look here for others opinions:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/rba.htm
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:16 am
Just Joined

gatecrasher is an unknown quantity at this point

I've travelled with them a couple of times and they're just as good as any other airline.

Seats have same amount of legroom as any other
Seats have own TVs
Nice Price for what you get.

Downside:
No alcohol served (didn't bother me as I don't like to drink on long haul flights)
If you change to a smaller plane from Brunei to say Perth, those planes aren't as good as the mainline ones but its only a few hous and not a big deal.

Brunei Airport is not the most exciting airport in the world but it has plenty of space, is clean, and after I used the shower facilities I found a row of seats to lie down and 'nap' on for a few hours.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

we flew back to UK at Christmas with RBA, absolutely fine - great with the kids, the flights from Brunei have the seat back TVs, from Darwin to Brunei they didn't but it was only a 3 hr flight.
The stop in Dubai can be fun - we got off the plane, cleared Dubai Security and walked the length of the airport to get to the boarding gate - just in time for boarding. I suppose it's to reduce the risk of DVT...
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We're using them in June/July so hope they're ok. One quick query for anyone who's done the Brisbane - Heathrow trip. We have a stop in Bandar and then on from there via Dubai. Does that mean we stop at Dubai and get off or just fly over. Have travelled a fair bit but never seen the via bit before
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:34 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
We're using them in June/July so hope they're ok. One quick query for anyone who's done the Brisbane - Heathrow trip. We have a stop in Bandar and then on from there via Dubai. Does that mean we stop at Dubai and get off or just fly over. Have travelled a fair bit but never seen the via bit before
Hi MP....I replied to your other thread and was assuming that you were going on Emirates, didnt think about Brunei. In that case it is the same plane all the way from Bandar to London but you definitely do have to get off in Dubai.

In fact its a bit ridiculous, as someone else mentioned I think...you pretty much have to walk the entire length of the terminal sometimes just to get back on the same plane if the plane parks on a remote stand.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Hi MP....I replied to your other thread and was assuming that you were going on Emirates, didnt think about Brunei. In that case it is the same plane all the way from Bandar to London but you definitely do have to get off in Dubai.

In fact its a bit ridiculous, as someone else mentioned I think...you pretty much have to walk the entire length of the terminal sometimes just to get back on the same plane if the plane parks on a remote stand.
Thanks bc. I read the other one, realised about Emirates and forgot to reply Will definitely have to get confirmation from doctors about meds in that case. First born did say if I got arrested, she would go on to UK, do the visit and collect me on the way home I thought that was quite positive, considering two years ago she would have done everything in her power to stay in the UK.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:01 am
Just Joined

gatecrasher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
I found the walk was just what I needed after being cooped up in a seat for several hours...
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice

Flew with them in October not to bad if TV was working but most of plane wasn't first half of flight fine but Dubai London no tvs same return journey.
Also been sick for 15 hours of flight myself and my son made it even worse.I would pay extra next time.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

mark.lowe is on a distinguished road

yes never again singapore airlines is the best
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

kathkim is an unknown quantity at this point

we have flown royal brunei airlines 4 times.In transit you can do tours 2/4/or5hour tours depending on how much time you have.They are very cheap and well worth doing.

Their flight prices have gone up a lot lately.Its a long haul with small children lots of on and off which can be a hassle.

We actualy had a holiday at the Empire Country club in Brunei last year.(owned by the sultan and very posh)

wasnt impressed with the flight back with them so when we go to the uk in June we are going singapore airlines.