Robina areas

Old Sep 30th 2012, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Suem1964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Robina areas

Looking at relocating to robina or around that area.
Could anyone recommend and other areas we don't want to travel more than 45 mins to work hubby a chef myself in retail.
I'm hearing not a lot of work in the area is this true.
Any info good or bad would be great.
Looking to rent 2-3 bed property.
Cheers for any advice.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 4:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robina areas

Nothing wrong with Robina, good schools, excellent shopping, rail, motorway links, loads of different residential areas, close to the ocean, close to the Hinterland. Too built up for me but can't imagine anyone not liking it for any other reason and many properties have decent sized blocks.

What have you heard and was it from people who live there or who have heard from random others?
Old Sep 30th 2012, 4:15 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of Robina really. It always seems a bit sterile to me... but others seem to like it.

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't have a bad reputation, but there was a shooting in the big shopping centre there, earlier this year.

Here's a link.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226341991664
Old Sep 30th 2012, 5:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
I'm not a fan of Robina really. It always seems a bit sterile to me... but others seem to like it.

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't have a bad reputation, but there was a shooting in the big shopping centre there, earlier this year.

Here's a link.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226341991664
One bikie shot another bikie. It's not normal Robina behaviour. (for the OPs benefit). It has a good rep.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

I'm not sure of areas just heard robina nice.loooking at renting for 6-12 months 2-3 bed property.i work in retail hubby chef not so much hotels anymore more private schools etc.
Any advice would be great I am heari g hard to get work over there.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 12:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

It is hard going at the moment but it depends on when you're coming. If it's the next few weeks you could get Christmas work which would give you local experience for finding permanent afterwards. If it's not for a few months then who knows how it will be. There are regularly chef jobs coming up, I can't tell you more than that because I'm not a chef so don't look at the specs. Check out Seek.com.au. If you're prepared to work within 45 minutes of home then from Robina you'd be able to work anywhere on the coast.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

We are coming from Perth so used to driving.besides robina where else would u recommend.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

We started life here renting in Robina and ended up 12 minutes up the road in Bonogin.

If you are looking for private schools the surrounding area is riddled with them.

Anywhere on the coast is easily accesible from Robina.

It is not really sterile given the vast difference in types of property available and the shopping centre is as good as those places get.

Robina is safe and the ideal place to start on the Gold Coast even if you eventually choose to live elsewhere permanently.

Also look at Mudgeeraba, maybe Reedy Creek.

Last edited by neil248; Oct 1st 2012 at 1:02 am.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

You could look anywhere to be honest. Depending on what you're used to, there are very few 'meh' suburbs. There are a fair few I wouldn't live in but not because there's anything wrong with them, just because they can't give me what I want.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

True.

As for crime on the Gold Coast, talked about it with my boss from London who just laughed.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

All advice great we are co Inge with a 17 year old if he comes with us.we like to be. Entral to everything don't mind if not. Lose to beach don't mind driving half hour.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 11:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Suem1964
All advice great we are co Inge with a 17 year old if he comes with us.we like to be. Entral to everything don't mind if not. Lose to beach don't mind driving half hour.
It's really impossible to suggest somewhere to be honest. You'll have to come, take a short holiday let type place and look around to get a feel for the place. The GC is not a big area, you can drive from top to bottom in 30/40 minutes, ocean to edge of Hinterland in 20/30 mins so from what you say, you'd be ok anywhere. If your son were coming with you, you'd presumably be looking for a suburb that would also suit him, whether he needs school, whether he's driving etc. Goes in the too hard pile for me. I wouldn't like to suggest somewhere for someone I know well, let alone a complete stranger.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ok cheers anyway for all advice.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Look at Merrimac have friends there and location is great for getting anywhere.

The times you are prepared to drive mean you will be fine anywhere.

There are not many genuine Gold Coasters who have lived here all there lives but the ones I have met consider 10 minutes a long drive.

Last edited by neil248; Oct 1st 2012 at 8:16 pm.