Robina?

Old May 24th 2007, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

PaulC259 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Robina?

Hi Folks,

Having spent a year living in Melbourne then having to return to the UK for a while we are now looking a returning to Aus and have been looking at living in the Robina area on the Gold Coast.

Can anyone give me an honest appraisal of the area and how it is for schools and jobs. (I work in sales for a large IT company).

Cheers,
Old May 25th 2007, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robina?

Originally Posted by PaulC259
Hi Folks,

Having spent a year living in Melbourne then having to return to the UK for a while we are now looking a returning to Aus and have been looking at living in the Robina area on the Gold Coast.

Can anyone give me an honest appraisal of the area and how it is for schools and jobs. (I work in sales for a large IT company).

Cheers,
Hey Paul

I live about 10 mins outside Robina in the Hinterland but use it for shopping and also I work in Varsity Lakes (just outside Robina)

I think it is a great place but I am sure that if you type Robina in the search box at the top of this page you will find loads of info.

Good luck

Sharon
Old May 25th 2007, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hi we are currently renting in Robina ( should have moved to Gilston July 06 but crap land developer, long story ). We would have no problem staying here if we did not get the house/ land that we have purchased. Our daughter goes to Robina primary and we are pleased with it. It takes us 8 minutes to get to the beach and 45 to Brisbane ( longer if Kaz is driving ) The shopping centre is good and you also have the train station and motorway very close. All in all i think its a decent place to live. Good luck. Quill.
Old May 25th 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

ex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to all

We moved to the Gold Coast only recently and Robina/Varsity Lakes were 2 places we contemplated moving to. Suffice to say we have settled in Mermaid Waters and LOVE it!! Both Robina and Varsity Lakes look very nice with many parks and good shopping but we had bad feedback regarding Robina State High School and the comments came from many different people so we took it on board! Having said that, we now realise that most schools on the Gold Coast are not zoned so you dont have to live in a suburb to send your kids there. So we could have settled in Robina and sent our dd to another high school other than Robina High.

Varsity College is an exeption to this rule and the only public school we have come across that does this.

We have a daughter in High School. We settled on Miami State High for our dd even though we have Merrimac High 5 minutes down the road. The rent in Robina is a bit cheaper than Mermaid Waters, I guess because it is not quite as close to the beach, but the difference is only a few minutes!! lol

If we decided to move it would probably be to Robina for the slightly cheaper rent as it looks ok. But we do love Mermaid Waters!