Reload this Page >

road cycling in perth

road cycling in perth

Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Location: at present hyde manchester england ,hopefully mulalloo perth wa
armstrong7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default road cycling in perth

howdie doodie ,we arrive in perth on the 2nd december ,we will be staying with famly in mulalloo until we get sorted but none of my famly have any idea about local cycling clubs or bike shops that have club runs .i am ex pro mtber here and ride at a fair level (like my 125 miler training rides ),and am sure the heat will not be a problem just get bored training on my own so wouldnt mind a team or other fellow shaved leg roadies to ride with .any help grately taken
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:33 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Re: road cycling in perth

Originally Posted by armstrong7
howdie doodie ,we arrive in perth on the 2nd december ,we will be staying with famly in mulalloo until we get sorted but none of my famly have any idea about local cycling clubs or bike shops that have club runs .i am ex pro mtber here and ride at a fair level (like my 125 miler training rides ),and am sure the heat will not be a problem just get bored training on my own so wouldnt mind a team or other fellow shaved leg roadies to ride with .any help grately taken
Take a look on http://www.getalife.com.au/ - there are quite a few cycling activities on there, and any of the people already signed up for them should know about bike shops and clubs. Our bikes are still in a container en route to Fremantle, unfortunately...

Cheers
b
Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:00 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

...or, contact the Action Outdoors Association (http://www.aoa.iinet.net.au/) - their magazine and the website list a whole load of cycling events graded from Easy to Hard (which sounds more like your sort of thing). Plus a bunch of other sorts of outdoor activities.

Cheers
b
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:46 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

As Benlast said there are loads of clubs here and I am always seeing bikes here. I was trail running up in John forest and there were some mountain bikers there. John forest has some serious hills and very seep downhills as well, worth a look.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Location: at present hyde manchester england ,hopefully mulalloo perth wa
armstrong7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
As Benlast said there are loads of clubs here and I am always seeing bikes here. I was trail running up in John forest and there were some mountain bikers there. John forest has some serious hills and very seep downhills as well, worth a look.
hmmm yeh but my problem with mountain biking in aus is if you bail you dont know what you gona land on snakes spiders anything that wants to bite ,think ill stik to road,cheers for the advise guys
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm yeh but my problem with mountain biking in aus is if you bail you dont know what you gona land on snakes spiders anything that wants to bite ,think ill stik to road,cheers for the advise guys