Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rnting a House Furnished - Moving in Report?

Rnting a House Furnished - Moving in Report?

Old Jun 16th 2012, 2:56 am
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light
Default Rnting a House Furnished - Moving in Report?

Hi we have lived in Australia before, so rented a fully furnished place, really looked after everything, more so as it was not ours....We got a full bond back, but we got on real well with the manager, and a micro cleaned the place from top to bottom, cleaner than on arrival....

This time we are renting a two bedroom full furnished off of an agency, the relaionship will not be as casual, more formal, so we are looking to protect ourselves in as many ways as possible..........I know it may sound like a tatical army mission, but from experience, as renters for the past twelve years, where there are no grey area's, where there's full proof, well there is no argument......

Any suggestions about how to go about logging. Recording any damage, any wear and tear, anything not quite right, with regards to the house or its furnishings on moving in. So on moving out, any damage we may have caused, anything which is our fault, well the blame lay's at our door.

I am thinking maybe, take a boat load of pictures, zip them all up, and email them to one self? Time and date stamped.....

I am thinking maybe, take a boat load of pictures, i have a re-writeable CD disc, so writing or copying the pictures to the CD, but would they be time stamped on the date and time written to the CD. Can this be fiddled?

I know the email, well that is time stamped no argument. But i know pictures; well dates taken can be fiddled. Can time stamps on copying data to CD's..

Thanks for any suggestions.....Just makes everything less of a worry on moving out.....Renting, its a hassle, but when you cannot afford to buy, what choice do you have.......
Old Jun 16th 2012, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rnting a House Furnished - Moving in Report?

Originally Posted by carling black label
Hi we have lived in Australia before, so rented a fully furnished place, really looked after everything, more so as it was not ours....We got a full bond back, but we got on real well with the manager, and a micro cleaned the place from top to bottom, cleaner than on arrival....

This time we are renting a two bedroom full furnished off of an agency, the relaionship will not be as casual, more formal, so we are looking to protect ourselves in as many ways as possible..........I know it may sound like a tatical army mission, but from experience, as renters for the past twelve years, where there are no grey area's, where there's full proof, well there is no argument......

Any suggestions about how to go about logging. Recording any damage, any wear and tear, anything not quite right, with regards to the house or its furnishings on moving in. So on moving out, any damage we may have caused, anything which is our fault, well the blame lay's at our door.

I am thinking maybe, take a boat load of pictures, zip them all up, and email them to one self? Time and date stamped.....

I am thinking maybe, take a boat load of pictures, i have a re-writeable CD disc, so writing or copying the pictures to the CD, but would they be time stamped on the date and time written to the CD. Can this be fiddled?

I know the email, well that is time stamped no argument. But i know pictures; well dates taken can be fiddled. Can time stamps on copying data to CD's..

Thanks for any suggestions.....Just makes everything less of a worry on moving out.....Renting, its a hassle, but when you cannot afford to buy, what choice do you have.......

You should be asked to fill out a form when you move in. All damage should be logged then.

When I moved in here, I took picture of the damages etc and e-mailed them to the agent directly along with the report - which I then also mailed to them.

I did notice a few other things afterwards, which I also let them know about by e-mail as soon as I spotted them.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 3:13 am
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wendy
You should be asked to fill out a form when you move in. All damage should be logged then.

When I moved in here, I took picture of the damages etc and e-mailed them to the agent directly along with the report - which I then also mailed to them.

I did notice a few other things afterwards, which I also let them know about by e-mail as soon as I spotted them.
Cheers...........
Old Jun 16th 2012, 3:34 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take pictures and a video and include the days newspaper as proof of the date. I'd burn to disc/USB and give a copy to the agent and keep a copy too along with the report.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin
I'd take pictures and a video and include the days newspaper as proof of the date. I'd burn to disc/USB and give a copy to the agent and keep a copy too along with the report.

Agree! Take pictures. Our agent took her own pics and we tooks ours. We both have a copy of each others pics in case of a dispute.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 2:16 am
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

I agree, take lots of photos to back up what is written on the condition report, and write " see photo #??" next to the relevant comment. Our agent took photos at our move in and had us initial the back of all of them and return them to her within a week. We also took and printed out a ton of our own photos of the place and gave them to her at the same time so they were all filed together. No problem getting our full deposit back. We also used move-out cleaners who guaranteed their work, so if the agents were not satisfied, the cleaners would come back at no extra cost to us.