Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Right! Winter's over - did anyone go skiing?

Right! Winter's over - did anyone go skiing?

Old Oct 31st 2006, 5:59 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Right! Winter's over - did anyone go skiing?

Did anyone go Skiing in Oz this last winter? Would love to hear your experiences and see some piccies! Particularly interested in the Victorian ski fields.

Thanks

Buzzy
Old Oct 31st 2006, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Right! Winter's over - did anyone go skiing?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Did anyone go Skiing in Oz this last winter? Would love to hear your experiences and see some piccies! Particularly interested in the Victorian ski fields.

Thanks

Buzzy

From what i heard that the winter season was poor for skiing this year
I drove though the Snowy mountains where in a good year i was assured that there would still be a bit of snow even in Oct but i never saw any at Thredbo or Jindbyne(sp)
Mandy
Old Oct 31st 2006, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
From what i heard that the winter season was poor for skiing this year
I drove though the Snowy mountains where in a good year i was assured that there would still be a bit of snow even in Oct but i never saw any at Thredbo or Jindbyne(sp)
Mandy
Yes very poor, know a few people who wasted serious cash going down. Personally for the cost of it I would do New Zealand to avoid risk of no snow

Last edited by jad n rich; Oct 31st 2006 at 7:07 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

We went up to Mt Hotham as it is just down the road from us. The woman on the entrance kiosk was quite open about the fact that it was a waste of time this year as she said " blink and you'll miss it". We went up so that the kids could have fun playing in the snow and there was some man made stuff there which was OK for them. We hired a sledge at $5 for the day which was fine and the ski gear looked reasonably priced as well. The main ski slope was kept white by machine but it wasn't anything spectacular. The year before we headed up there about a month later and there was still more snow around so it isn't usually that bad.
Nicky
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:36 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Right! Winter's over - did anyone go skiing?

Originally Posted by NickyP
We went up to Mt Hotham as it is just down the road from us. The woman on the entrance kiosk was quite open about the fact that it was a waste of time this year as she said " blink and you'll miss it". We went up so that the kids could have fun playing in the snow and there was some man made stuff there which was OK for them. We hired a sledge at $5 for the day which was fine and the ski gear looked reasonably priced as well. The main ski slope was kept white by machine but it wasn't anything spectacular. The year before we headed up there about a month later and there was still more snow around so it isn't usually that bad.
Nicky
I do hope Global warming isn't going to put an end to winter sports in Oz!

Buzzy
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I do hope Global warming isn't going to put an end to winter sports in Oz!

Buzzy
Well snow or no snow it was damn cold up there and the freezing fog made me quite nostalgic for the UK .
Nicky