Reload this Page >

Returning to Australia?

Returning to Australia?

Old Dec 9th 2004, 3:00 am
Just Joined

Me Here is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning to Australia?

Hi,

If I'm granted a permanent spouse visa, and then I go back to the UK (long story, but things aren't working out too well here), can I come back to Australia at a later date, or is there a time limit on my return?

Thanks
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Me Here is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Returning to Australia?

Anybody???
Old Dec 9th 2004, 7:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Me Here
Hi,

If I'm granted a permanent spouse visa, and then I go back to the UK (long story, but things aren't working out too well here), can I come back to Australia at a later date, or is there a time limit on my return?

Thanks
I guess if it is a permanent residency visa you can return to Australia from the UK only for as long as the visa is valid, which is about 5 years.

The only way you can return to Australia after the PR has expired is with a resident return visa, but you'll not get one of these if you are not living in Australia at the time.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 7:36 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
I guess if it is a permanent residency visa you can return to Australia from the UK only for as long as the visa is valid, which is about 5 years.

The only way you can return to Australia after the PR has expired is with a resident return visa, but you'll not get one of these if you are not living in Australia at the time.
You can get an RRV overseas however one must still have been in Australia as a permanent resident for 2 years in the previous 5 years.

If the OP has that residency then the OP should obtain citizenship. If the OP does not have that residency then Me Here will lose PR if Me Here does not re-enter Oz before the expiry of PR.