Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Return flights from the UK at Xmas?

Return flights from the UK at Xmas?

Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Return flights from the UK at Xmas?

Hi

Can anybody please advise me which flight Companies do the best rates over the Christmas period please.

Only I am looking to book a flight for my daughter who cannot come out until mid Dec to mid Jan due to Uni commitments. She will be flying out of Newcastle Airport.

I appreciate the cost of flights rocket at this time of year but if anybody knows of any good deals that would be great to know.

Many thanks

Debs x
Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all
Default Re: Return flights from the UK at Xmas?

Hi

we just booked some last week for the sister in law and her daughter for the 14th of dec to 18th jan

searched intensively for a 2-3 week period ( as i was paying )and zuji were by far the cheapest and also i found the website the most user friendly where by you didnt have to keep going to and fro with the dates

good luck
Old Oct 12th 2011, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe there are any airlines noted for doing good deals at Christmas.

Search on expedia.com or skyscanner or call trailfinders and they will search for best deals for you.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Usually you have to go before around the 9th December and then the price skyrockets. Otherwise see if you can get a flight Xmas eve...go in the morning and she might just make it for an evening drink on Xmas day. The flights go down Xmas Eve and Day so you could just delay Christmas ......

Check the airline sites as well, I've gotten Singapore Airline seats direct which weren't available to agents in the past.

KK
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:25 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debs1966
Hi

Can anybody please advise me which flight Companies do the best rates over the Christmas period please.

Only I am looking to book a flight for my daughter who cannot come out until mid Dec to mid Jan due to Uni commitments. She will be flying out of Newcastle Airport.

I appreciate the cost of flights rocket at this time of year but if anybody knows of any good deals that would be great to know.

Many thanks

Debs x
Good luck. We have friends coming out in early December on Singapore, and they are paying just over GBP1k each and they booked many months ago. Mid December will be a lot more, I reckon GBP1.5k.

They booked direct with Singapore.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

Maybe look at Air Asia - they only fly out of Gatwick though.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

Air Asia

12 Dec
Lon to KL - 50 pounds
15 Dec
KL to Gold Coast - 74 pounds

16 Jan
Gold Coast to KL - 37 pounds
17 Jan
KL to Lon - 50 pounds

211 pounds (!!) + taxes & charges etc.
You have to book UK-KL-UK as a return and the KL-AUS-KL as a return to get these prices.

I'm trying to get my parents to do this
Old Oct 13th 2011, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

DotSpot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAMFC
Air Asia

12 Dec
Lon to KL - 50 pounds
15 Dec
KL to Gold Coast - 74 pounds

16 Jan
Gold Coast to KL - 37 pounds
17 Jan
KL to Lon - 50 pounds

211 pounds (!!) + taxes & charges etc.
You have to book UK-KL-UK as a return and the KL-AUS-KL as a return to get these prices.

I'm trying to get my parents to do this
Unfortunately the taxes and charges will probably be more than the cost of the flight, we looked at AirAsia and by the time you have added taxes and charges they were the same as everyone else :-(
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DotSpot
Unfortunately the taxes and charges will probably be more than the cost of the flight, we looked at AirAsia and by the time you have added taxes and charges they were the same as everyone else :-(
Yes, the taxes etc will certainly increase the price substantially but I doubt it would be anywhere near GBP1000 which might be the only other option.

OK - Lon-KL-Lon GBP260 return
KL-Gold Coast-KL GBP170 return

This includes taxes, fuel surcharge etc etc

GBP430 - still a fair bit cheaper, massive bargain I reckon

On top of this would be charges for luggage, meals, seat allocation if required
Old Oct 13th 2011, 11:15 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debs1966
Hi

Many thanks

Debs x
Fly her down to Gatwick and like the other poster has said, it's GBP50 to KL and (not sure where your are) GBP29 to perth. Return January 14th same or similar prices.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Yes, the taxes etc will certainly increase the price substantially but I doubt it would be anywhere near GBP1000 which might be the only other option.

It might be cheaper but looking at the dates it would take 5 days to get here

Alison x
Old Oct 16th 2011, 10:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Friends have done this and were really impressed. Shame they're out of/in to Gatwick now and not Stansted.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Oct 16th 2011 at 1:45 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 1:06 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Friends have done this and were really impressed. Shame they're out of/in to Gatwick now and not Stansted.
Booked to fly to London July 2012... can't believe Air Asia have moved to Gatwick..... Was perfect at Stanstead for Cambridgeshire.... oh well!

Flying one way to KL with Air Asia, spending a couple of days in KL, and then One way to Gatwick again with Air Asia.
Then flying back with Singapore Airlines (A380 Heathrow to Singapore) and then back to Perth.
Using this combination have saved over $1,500 (for 3 people) on a return flight with any other airline, including all the luggage, food and in flight entertainment add-on's etc.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Oct 16th 2011 at 1:46 pm.