Retirement visa

Old Jun 8th 2004, 12:25 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The rules in terms of the medical requirements on a renewal 410 application were relaxed quite significantly on the 1st of November last year, Yvonne:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=276

And to confirm: the financial requirements do not need to be re-established when seeking the renewal of a 410 visa.

Best regards.

Originally posted by yafm
The standard rules appear to be that you must comply with the same rules that you got the original visa 410 on - as there are at present 3 levels of 410 visa's as they have moved the goal posts over the past 5 years.
The only drawback to most of us is the fact that you have to have a police check in any country that you have visited during the past 4 (or 2 on the mnext renewal ) years IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY LIVED IN THAT COUNTRY FOR 12 MONTHS. So for most of us it only means another uk police check although several posted have come via Malaya or Singapore so they would have to do the same there if they have revisited the place
Old Jun 8th 2004, 7:17 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kala
I am hoping that a few years after my hubby and I settle my dad will come and join us on a retirement visa. (big time daddy's girl)the only prob I can see as he has a house to sell etc so can get the money together is that he had an opp 7 years ago and it went a bit wrong (have to be carefull here cos the doctor cocked up, cut a hole in the wrong place and he has since then had to have about 50 opps to put it as right as poss and will never be normal). He would obviously get privalte medical care which he has here with PPP. Are PPP in australia and can he transfer his medical insurance?

do Australian private medical companies have the same rules as us where all medical conditions in the 2 years running up to taking a policy out get excluded.

Cheers
Kala
Kala
would your father not be eligible for a contributory parent visa?
If you are resident two years you can sponsor him. He would need to meet the 'balance of family' test and pass the medical.

It is quite expensive but so is the retirement visa.
On a parent visa he would have PR and be entitled to Medicare.

Just a thought

G
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:35 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Grayling
Kala
would your father not be eligible for a contributory parent visa?
If you are resident two years you can sponsor him. He would need to meet the 'balance of family' test and pass the medical.

It is quite expensive but so is the retirement visa.
On a parent visa he would have PR and be entitled to Medicare.

Just a thought

G

Ahh I am going on a spouce visa and expect to get a temp visa then PR after 2 years so once I have that he can apply for parent visa. or do I have to wait until I have had PR for 2 years.

I'll look into that thanks

Kala
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:38 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The requirement to be able to sponsor a Parent is to have lived lawfully in Australia for 2 years and to be a permanent resident ... so assuming you aren't unlawfully in Australia you can sponsor as soon as you have PR.

Best regards.

Originally posted by kala
Ahh I am going on a spouce visa and expect to get a temp visa then PR after 2 years so once I have that he can apply for parent visa. or do I have to wait until I have had PR for 2 years.

I'll look into that thanks

Kala