Reload this Page >

Requesting opinions about video resume's

Requesting opinions about video resume's

Old Jul 27th 2012, 10:00 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Requesting opinions about video resume's

Originally Posted by acidify
Hello all,

So my story is that I am considering migrating to australia, and studying the complicated process of getting there, i am reluctant to shell out cash for a migrating agent , my preliminary study revealed that if you can secure an employment opportunity then i can get in through the ENS route.

After scouring this board, it seems the job market although good, is still difficult, so i was thinking of ways of standing out in the resume.

I was thinking of making a video resume, to try to stand out, So if anyone has looked at all those video resume's on youtube, do you think this is an effective way of getting the attention of the employers ?

please do express your opinions

NOTE- MODS - If I have posted this in the wrong section i do apologize, please move it to the right one

thanks,
The video resume is a terrific idea but lots of peeps are doing them.So if you want to stand out from the crowd send a cover letter with a bobble head of yourself saying that the video is on it's way.This is a guaranteed attention grabber.Go get em Dude.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 11:35 am
Just Joined

acidify will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dorothy
y0, dorothy have u tried these ? ->
Old Jul 27th 2012, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 29th 2012, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

lloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Lol... My thoughts exactly. Especially when the facebook and @ justification was brought on.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

lloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nice

Also, as a potential employer, I wouldn't bother with video resumes unless the profession involved it. Any person who tries to make an extra impression over the actual presentation of his work is not somebody I'd entrust work to.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Just get some bumper stickers done up for yourself that say '@future boss pick me' and slap it on peoples cars.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Just get some bumper stickers done up for yourself that say '@future boss pick me' and slap it on peoples cars.
"I speaka the slango-americano" can be added next to it for that added advantage.