Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

repeat perscriptions

repeat perscriptions

Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default repeat perscriptions

Hi were moving to WA beginning of july and was wondering if anyone knew what to do about medication.I take hrt etc and was wondering if they have a prepaid card over th ere or should i explain to the doctor to see if they will give me a few months worthxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:42 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: repeat perscriptions

Originally Posted by tony s
Hi were moving to WA beginning of july and was wondering if anyone knew what to do about medication.I take hrt etc and was wondering if they have a prepaid card over th ere or should i explain to the doctor to see if they will give me a few months worthxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You receive about 6 months worth of meds at once here, none of that faffing back and forth to the doc every month with a prescription. Bliss!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

fab over here i pay for 4 months cause its cheaper because i have at least two items a month.I think i pay 30 ishxx
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I can't speak for your meds because I'm not on them, but when I went to the docs he gave me a repeat script for my meds. Each script had on 6 bottles of tablets with 40 in each (I take 2 per day). For 6 bottles of tablets I paid $26 (ask for the generic ones as they are cheaper )
Old Apr 26th 2007, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, That sounds great!

My sons has tablets and you have to beg them to give you more than a couple of weeks worth.

It drives me nuts as I spend half my life hounding the docs to get prescriptions! He is on them for long term (maybe life) so need them every month without fail.

So 4 or even 6 months worth sound like bliss!

GEMS
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks for your replysxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Apr 26th 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

yes, you do get repeats, how many depends on your illness. If you have a cronic illness, you get repeats for 6 months which is really brilliant here. However, if you need your next 6 months lot, you have to make a doctor's appointment each time. That's at least so with my doc.

In other cases you get usually at least one repeat. Some precriptions allow only one repeat.

Here is the website of the PBS http://www.pbs.gov.au/html/consumer/home#, where you can search all the prescription drugs available on the market in Australia.

Cheers
Evelin
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Evelin,

This is really handy link to check on prices and drugs in Australia.

Many thanks
Gems
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:25 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

No prepaid card like the UK unfortunately. So if you are taking a lot of prescibed medicine then it works out more expensive here.