Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renting space in container

Renting space in container

Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renting space in container

Hi there

My son may be moving over from the UK towards the end of this year. He is at Uni at the moment so has stuff which we would need to get over to Brisbane.

Has any one ever rented part of a container. He is in Leeds but would be able to get his things to anywhere within reason.

Any ideas would be really helpful.

Sharon
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:28 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting space in container

Originally Posted by BandS
Hi there

My son may be moving over from the UK towards the end of this year. He is at Uni at the moment so has stuff which we would need to get over to Brisbane.

Has any one ever rented part of a container. He is in Leeds but would be able to get his things to anywhere within reason.

Sharon
All the main removals companies will ship small amounts in a shared container... Have a quick search on here for removals companies and you'll find a wealth of information...
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:00 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Hi there

Sharon

I'm doing a shared container. Anything below 1/3 to 3/4 full of a 20ft container is worth doing shared as its cheaper. I have around 650cuft and it works out slightly cheaper than a total one. Note anything below a 1/2 container and you start to not get savings, the costs start to level out.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Hi there

Sharon

Hi Sharon

I don't know how much stuff your son has so don't know if this suggestion will be any good but there are shippers who do special deals for students. I am not sure of the limits on what is sent but it could be a starting point. I only know this from when I was at Derby uni we used to get stuff in our pigeon holes. I think upakweship was one and it was possible to send stuff as excess baggage.There is also student shipping so may be worth investigating.

http://www.studentshipping.co.uk/

Failing that most shipping companies worth their salt will sort out the sharing of a container for him. Hope this helps.

Mx
Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by micmay3_in_oz
Hi Sharon

I don't know how much stuff your son has so don't know if this suggestion will be any good but there are shippers who do special deals for students. I am not sure of the limits on what is sent but it could be a starting point. I only know this from when I was at Derby uni we used to get stuff in our pigeon holes. I think upakweship was one and it was possible to send stuff as excess baggage.There is also student shipping so may be worth investigating.

http://www.studentshipping.co.uk/

Failing that most shipping companies worth their salt will sort out the sharing of a container for him. Hope this helps.

Mx

Thanks so much for that. I will definately get him to look at the student shipping website.

He does not have that much stuff but he does have a Roland electronic keyboard which weighs a ton and things like stereo system etc.

Sharon
Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Thanks so much for that. I will definately get him to look at the student shipping website.

He does not have that much stuff but he does have a Roland electronic keyboard which weighs a ton and things like stereo system etc.

Sharon
Hi Sharon

I don't think it's so much the weight of stuff but the size when it comes to shipping. He could also try asking the usual suspects, e.g. Allied Pickfords, Abel if they do discounts for students. They probably don't ask you don't get.

Mx