Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renting process in Perth

Renting process in Perth

Old Oct 8th 2005, 10:04 am
Karma to make me calmer!

Tops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura about
Default Renting process in Perth

Hi all,

I am soon going to be moving out the good old WA capital and planning on renting for about 6-12 months before looking at buying a place.

For the first 2 weeks I will be in a serviced unit until I sort out some more long term rental.

How long does it normally take to get rental accomodation sorted in Perth?
I will be looking for a 2-3 bedroom unfurnished place.
Will my initial 2 week stay be enough time to get a place all sorted?
What sort of paper work needs to be done to rent a place?

Thanks,

Tops.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Hullfcfans has a spectacular aura aboutHullfcfans has a spectacular aura aboutHullfcfans has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Renting process in Perth

I don't have any answers, but some more questions of my own to add!

In unfurnished rentals, is it standard to have any kitchen/laundry appliances included as standard? Erm, thats all my questions, lol.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:14 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tops
Hi all,

I am soon going to be moving out the good old WA capital and planning on renting for about 6-12 months before looking at buying a place.

For the first 2 weeks I will be in a serviced unit until I sort out some more long term rental.

How long does it normally take to get rental accomodation sorted in Perth?
I will be looking for a 2-3 bedroom unfurnished place.
Will my initial 2 week stay be enough time to get a place all sorted?
What sort of paper work needs to be done to rent a place?

Thanks,

Tops.
Hi Tops, we live in Rockingham about 45 min drive from Perth and it took us 4 weeks to find a rental, although our initial budget was $200 per week , we soon realised that we couldn't find a nice house for this price and once we upped it to over $200, we soon found a brand new 3 by 2 for $210 per week . Depending on your budget i think 2 weeks should be enough time. Are you moving to Perth City or outside Perth as this will dramatically reflect on the price ? . We rent from Raine and Horne and as we had never rented before nor had we had a mortgage so we had to supply personal references, both of which were friends and/or family members from England, which they did contact. Also on the application they do ask for employer details as they like you to be in employment. But as neither of us were, we had a friend who owned his own business and was happy to vouch for us by saying my husband worked for him, although he was never contacted , they also need a copy of your visa/passport. They usually require 2 weeks bond in advance and 2 weeks rent in advance. Every Real Estate agent has what they call a "rental list", which you can usually just pick up from the desk in the real estate, which will list all the current rentals, they usually advise you to do a drive by veiwing first and if you are still interested after then you can arrange a veiwing inside. Hope this is of help to you.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:14 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Renting process in Perth

Originally Posted by Hullfcfans
In unfurnished rentals, is it standard to have any kitchen/laundry appliances included as standard? Erm, thats all my questions, lol.
Nope, you'll have to provide your own.

In my case it gave me an excellent excuse to buy the fancy washer that I'd always wanted!
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:15 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hullfcfans
I don't have any answers, but some more questions of my own to add!

Hi Hullfcfans, in an unfurnished rental , they usually supply a cooker, but nothing else.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:16 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Originally Posted by Emzee
Hi Hullfcfans, in an unfurnished rental , they usually supply a cooker, but nothing else.
Forgot to mention, if you rent a posh place a dishwasher is sometimes included