Renting in Oz

Old Jun 4th 2003, 11:00 am
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renting in Oz

Please could somebody advise

The removal firm will not ship our goods without an Oz address even if it is just going into storage.

I have just tried to arrange a rental property for 6 months starting in August (thus giving the removal firm an address). The problem is that they will not allow us to rent without somebody viewing the property first. As we know nobody in Oz how do we do it?

Clare
Old Jun 4th 2003, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

I'd find a storage company first, once agreed with a company you will have your address. Then you can chose you rental property at leisure and then move it in when ready.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We moved here in March and our stuff is with the shipping company (bishop's blatchpack, Exeter) in their storage, we are not having it shipped out until we decide what we are going to do.
We are being charged 12.00 per week storage.
Sue
Old Jun 4th 2003, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

The companies we got quotes from (anglo, john masons, pss, bishops move) didn't mind that we didn't have an address in oz. all we have to do is provide them with a contact address (ie po box or friends) so customs have somewhere to send documents, and we're tracelling with a laptop so will have email contact while we travel. We're using the four weeks free storage offered by pss so by the time it gets to oz we should just about have found somewhere and then it usually takes one working weeks' notice to get your stuff.
parrot
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

i'd change removal companies. Most of us dont have an address to go to so most reputable removal companies accept this. I've havent even given mine a contact number yet, they have just ask that i give them one as soon as i know it. After all they have all my goods plus payment up front as security !
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renting in Oz

Originally posted by DevMountain

The removal firm will not ship our goods without an Oz address even if it is just going into storage.

I have just tried to arrange a rental property for 6 months starting in August (thus giving the removal firm an address). The problem is that they will not allow us to rent without somebody viewing the property first. As we know nobody in Oz how do we do it?

Clare
Change removal companies. That's an unreasonable stand that they are taking. All they need is a destination port.

Don't commit yourselves to 6 months accommodation without having seen it first. Once you sign that lease there's no getting out of it. Could be a shit hole and you'd be stuck there.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Change your shipping company, sounds like they dont want you money

Who are they anyway??

Pete

Old Jun 4th 2003, 4:05 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by John Howard
Change your shipping company, sounds like they dont want you money

Who are they anyway??

Pete

Are Bishops Blatchford the same company as Bishops Move (as I have not been asked by them for an address in oz - just an e-mail contact)
Old Jun 4th 2003, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

BJKLiffey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renting in Oz

Originally posted by DevMountain

Clare
Hi clare,

As previous people have said I would change or ask can they not put into storage for you ?

With regards to renting a property . Where in Oz are you going ? We'regoing to melbourne and came across the same problem, although one estate agent did take photos and e-mailed them back.

We have now decided to stay in a B&B for the 1st 3 weeks giving us time to have a look round & decide where we want to stay.
This maybe an idea.

Hope this helps

Karen & Brendan
Melbourne Bound 26th August