Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renting a house with a pool

Renting a house with a pool

Old Jul 19th 2019, 5:54 am
Just Joined

Mrclacfart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renting a house with a pool

Me and my wife are still looking at properties to rent near adelaide. Now we have found some with pools both of us love swimming. Well I do and force her in. So has anyone rented a pool? Is it a big yes do it or strongly against? It sounds like a fun idea summer just around the corner but don't want to hit a big problem
thanks
Old Jul 19th 2019, 10:16 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting a house with a pool

Originally Posted by Mrclacfart
Me and my wife are still looking at properties to rent near adelaide. Now we have found some with pools both of us love swimming. Well I do and force her in. So has anyone rented a pool? Is it a big yes do it or strongly against? It sounds like a fun idea summer just around the corner but don't want to hit a big problem
thanks
We didn't rent with a pool, but we have a pool now. We love it, but ours is not heated - we use a solar blanket to warm it up. We get use from probably late Sept/early Oct through to around mid April - a heated pool will give you longer hours, but the cost of heating will obviously be a factor. Check the type of heating - gas and/or electric will be pricey, a solar heated pool may be more efficient, but maynot give you as long a swimming season.

Check the rental agreement as some will include the cleaning/maintenace of the pool, others won't. Ours is salt-chlorinated so cleaning and maintenance is much easier, but it was originally just a chlorine pool which was much more work.
Old Aug 16th 2019, 6:42 am
Just Joined

mpjdodge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renting a house with a pool

I'd go for one with a Pool.
We're about to put a large property with a pool on 2 acres up for rent near Port Macquarie.
Go for a salt water pool, much less effort to maintain. You will have to do some maintenance but the rental agreement should include servicing by a contractor at the owners cost. So just remember they have additional costs when you compare the weekly rentals, plus their insurance bill is bigger.