Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Australian bank account

New Australian bank account

Old May 3rd 2019, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

SAMHINAL1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Australian bank account

My mother has a British passport and has moved with me to Australia on a permanent resident Visa. Only proof of address is the one on the Visa letter. From any personal experience, which banks will be easy for her to open a current account for normal everyday use. She will not be working at the moment. Thank you
Old May 3rd 2019, 11:54 pm
Queen of Diplomacy

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Australian bank account

Originally Posted by SAMHINAL1 View Post
My mother has a British passport and has moved with me to Australia on a permanent resident Visa. Only proof of address is the one on the Visa letter. From any personal experience, which banks will be easy for her to open a current account for normal everyday use. She will not be working at the moment. Thank you
Most of the big banks have migrant banking sections. Any of them will be able to help her set up an account.