Reload this Page >

Renting in the ground/ first floor in Melbourne

Renting in the ground/ first floor in Melbourne

Old Mar 21st 2011, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

EinsteinJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renting in the ground/ first floor in Melbourne

HI All,

I just landed in Melbourne 3 days ago from Auckland - New Zealand. The traffic system was overwhelm....Now i am looking for an apartment for two people. No kids, No pets and No smokes. My budget are around 200-230 AUD/week.

However, i have found lot of apartment either in bayside or south east that offer the ground floor/first floor. I am just wondering if someone can tell their experience when renting an apartment on ground floor, or where you have a neighbor on top of your ceiling. Are they noise? i mean when they walk around, can you hear them? because i found it would be so noisy at night if someone just keep walking on their apartment and i can hear it.

The other thing is what is the common lease period in Melbourne with that range of renting.

Thanks you.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:40 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting in the ground/ first floor in Melbourne

We're in a ground floor apartment. Don't hear much noise from the people walking around...what's much more noisy is their rampant 'love making' a couple of times a week! Having said that, anyone within a block can probably hear that it's that loud!

200 - 230 is not a huge budget. Where are you looking exactly?

On the ground floor be mindful of security features. Most of the ground floor apartments have bars on the windows on parts of the building which aren't very visible...side passageway etc. In my building I'm aware of other residents who've been broken into via open ground floor windows. Have a good look around and think about how easy it would be for someone to get in.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Bcworld,

Thank you for your information. I believe it is pretty hard to find a good one. I am looking in the area of North East, Bayside and South east. There are several suburb in my list but i still need to "gamble" which area should i choose as this will depend on my work.

This is because my prospect job will be either in northern area such as tullamarine, broadsmeadow. Or in South east/bayside such as mulgrave,dandenong,carrums downs etc.

I hope i can assume that the floor is built well so i do not have to hear all noisy every night, i can tolerate the activity of "love making" hahahhaa...

The other thinks is, what is the common lease period?

Anyway thanks you for your help. If you happen to know some available apartment within that suburb with that budget, do not hasitate to let me know.

Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

I can only comment on my own experience but having a unit above us provided us with no noise - units to the side were more of an issue.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fluid36
I can only comment on my own experience but having a unit above us provided us with no noise - units to the side were more of an issue.
Thank you for your information.