Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renting with dogs

Renting with dogs

Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of
Default Renting with dogs

Has anyone any experience of finding a rental in Perth with 2 dogs? Am I likely to find it a real problem there or indeed anywhere else in Oz?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all
Default Re: Renting with dogs

this is something i also need to know. got 2 dogs looking at brisbane. had email from EA saying they had no rental at mo that allowed pets
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:25 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

We don't have any pets to take with us when we do move but looking on the reiwa & real estate websites a lot of properties do state NO PETS!
You probably will find some but the majority i've seen do not. Goodluck
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

This is the problem we are facing, we are moving to the gold coast with a dog, and all the agents seem to say no to dogs.

However, in reality my brother who lives in Coomera knows of at least three families renting with dogs one of which has two. I'm guessing we will have to pay more of a bond for the privilege, but hey ho.

Just hoping to find one with a pool.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light

We are living in the US and are renting out our house in brisbane. We have said no pets, but if someone said they were willing to pay a pet deposit and a couple of regular checks etc. We would let them rent.

Basically we would prefer nice tennants with pets than bad tennants without pets. I would get the agent to ask the landlord if they will accept, and offer them something. You probably would have to force the issue to get the agents to call the landlord. But some will! Thats also what we have done here. I got agents to call up all places we liked and asked if they would take our dogs. Most said yes
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:39 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris1386
Has anyone any experience of finding a rental in Perth with 2 dogs? Am I likely to find it a real problem there or indeed anywhere else in Oz?
We rent with 2 Staffies... Had no problems when we said we'd put down double the bond and 3 months rent up front...
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:48 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

i would say 50/50 allow pets.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

I think some EA just put the standard no pets, but when asked they may allow - I run holiday homes and we say no pets but some of the owners will allow if they stay outside
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:02 am
Just Joined

Kiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the rough

There are properties that allow pets, some will say pet negotiable too. The only thing with the pets neg is if you are looking to rent in Brisbane where the rental market is a nightmare as there is sooo much demand for properties. If you are up against people without a pet they are more likely to go with them. We have seen plenty of properties as we are currently living in a place that doesnt allow pets but we want to get a dog so are looking for somewhere that will allow pets, good luck I am sure you will find somewhere. It sometimes helps if they are outdoor dogs too.