Reload this Page >

Rented accomodation, help!!

Rented accomodation, help!!

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:35 pm
C

NEILL & SHARON MILLS is on a distinguished road
Default Rented accomodation, help!!

Hi anyone out there,
We move over to the other side in March 06, and looking for rented accomodation for one month to look around and get a feel for things. We are looking in Redcliffe area up to Maroochydore(I know its a long stretch). We will then look for long term rental. Is there anyone out there who knows of any suitable accomodation for one month, I have tried every real estate there is to try, and truthfully starting to pull my bloody hair out :scared:
If anyone has got any advice would be muchly muchly apreciative.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:42 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rented accomodation, help!!

Originally Posted by NEILL & SHARON MILLS
Hi anyone out there,
We move over to the other side in March 06, and looking for rented accomodation for one month to look around and get a feel for things. We are looking in Redcliffe area up to Maroochydore(I know its a long stretch). We will then look for long term rental. Is there anyone out there who knows of any suitable accomodation for one month, I have tried every real estate there is to try, and truthfully starting to pull my bloody hair out :scared:
2 months rental too long for you ?

http://www.realestate.com.au/realest...ents/401846734

best I could find sorry
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:55 pm
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

Hi anyone out there,
What about a caravan park? Some offer discounts for longer periods. Try www.big4.com.au. The advantage to this is you can move around at the drop of a hat. They have excellent facilities too, such as laundries etc which you will need when you first arrive, (definately not like camping in the UK) .

We stayed in the Big4 at Maroochydore, then at Tweed Heads, at the beginning of October this year (for a holiday), & they were excellent places. When we arrived in Sydney 2 years ago, we stayed in a Big4 park while we were finding a rental. The place was just like a small house, brand new, 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms (6 berth) even had a laundry in the chalet as opposed to using the site one. The best thing as opposed to finding a rental is, you don't need to supply a bond etc, you don't need furnature etc & you just move in & out at your leisure. Probably more expensive, but for a short period, it's definately the way to go.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:26 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluerobot
What about a caravan park? Some offer discounts for longer periods. Try www.big4.com.au. The advantage to this is you can move around at the drop of a hat. They have excellent facilities too, such as laundries etc which you will need when you first arrive, (definately not like camping in the UK) .

We stayed in the Big4 at Maroochydore, then at Tweed Heads, at the beginning of October this year (for a holiday), & they were excellent places. When we arrived in Sydney 2 years ago, we stayed in a Big4 park while we were finding a rental. The place was just like a small house, brand new, 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms (6 berth) even had a laundry in the chalet as opposed to using the site one. The best thing as opposed to finding a rental is, you don't need to supply a bond etc, you don't need furnature etc & you just move in & out at your leisure. Probably more expensive, but for a short period, it's definately the way to go.
great idea plus you dont have to sort out electricity etc or pay excess water
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi anyone out there,
From what I have read on here, I wouldn't go for a rental on line. Definitely find a holiday type let. You are likely to end up with a real dog that no one else wants and it's very unlikely you would get it for one month. Caravan park or motel or holiday apartment would be better. It might be a bit more expensive but you should get a better rate because it will be longer than a normal holiday booking.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

Some rentals are gross! Definitely don't do online unless through soem one recommended.
Nicola
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:43 pm
C

NEILL & SHARON MILLS is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for your support and ideas, will price the big4, bluerobot, I know some friends of ours have just gone over and priced the big4 sites and said it was quite pricey, but will give it a go. Totally agree about renting over the internet, again our friends rented for one month over the internet and paid expensive rates and said it was an absulutely dump when they arrived. Not something you need when you arrive and got to start and make it habitable.
Have tried Brisbanebound but still waiting at the moment. Anyway again thanks everyone if we meet at any time there will be a on us.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 12:45 am
Just Joined

grimsby girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

try this , go to aussiemove.com then go to the link for accomodation there is a whole list of short term rentals on there.

good luck
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 12:50 am
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

Thanks everyone for your support and ideas, will price the big4, bluerobot, I know some friends of ours have just gone over and priced the big4 sites and said it was quite pricey, but will give it a go. Totally agree about renting over the internet, again our friends rented for one month over the internet and paid expensive rates and said it was an absulutely dump when they arrived. Not something you need when you arrive and got to start and make it habitable.
Have tried Brisbanebound but still waiting at the moment. Anyway again thanks everyone if we meet at any time there will be a on us.
There are plenty about, not just big4. If you do an internet search, you'll find plenty. Big4's advantage is that they are all rated on the same system so they are graded on levels of quality from 1 to 8, 8 being the best & most expensive. Charges vary from place to place & I agree, some are quite expensive. You could try some of the less luxorious ones, we've stayed in 5's before, they are a bit basic, but more reasonable in price, as well as 8's which have everything. I still think its your best option for a short term though, the hassle you'll save yourself is worth it alone.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Hi anyone out there,

Hi try seqrents.com.au they have loads of decent looking short term rentals.