Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

RENTALS IN PERTH - WHATS THE CURRENT SITUATION LIKE?

RENTALS IN PERTH - WHATS THE CURRENT SITUATION LIKE?

Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold
Default RENTALS IN PERTH - WHATS THE CURRENT SITUATION LIKE?

Was wondering what the situation is like in Perth for rentals. I have heard horrendous stories a few months back with loads of people going to view rentals so wondered what the current situation is like.

If there is anyone out there at moment looking for rentals could they just let us know what the situation is like, how many people were there and where abouts were you looking so we can get a general idea of what its like now.

We have thought about Ellenbrook, Joondalup or Willetton way.

Thanks
Plants
Old Jan 10th 2009, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of
Default Re: RENTALS IN PERTH - WHATS THE CURRENT SITUATION LIKE?

Can't tell you what the latest situation is like but when we were looking 18 months ago we had no problem getting something we liked. Check out www.reiwa.com for latest rentals available.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future

hi all, you can also check out www.realestate.com.au have lot of perth props for rent and most with pics! so you can see what you are getting for your money.. i think the other one is realestate.com.au this is the one i look at reg... hope to be home in perth in the near future so all those in perth welcome (im a perthite of over 30 years) any info i can give to other just ask lol
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=jsvk;7149104]hi all, you can also check out www.realestate.com.au have lot of perth props for rent and most with pics! so you can see what you are getting for your money.. i think the other one is realestate.com.au this is the one i look at reg... hope to be home in perth in the near future so all those in perth welcome (im a perthite of over 30 years) any info i can give to other just ask lol[/QUOT

oh dear that should have been www.reiwa.com.au this is the real estate institute of western australia.. this one has lots of info if you are going to perth or WA.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

We looked at 6 different properties and on each occasion, there were 4/5 or even 6 other families looking at the property. Now tip number one is:

GET CHATTING TO THE REAL ESTATE AGENT!

On every occasion, no one chatted to the agent, except abouyt the house they were viewing, but I made the point of chatting about other things, like the housing market, decent schools in the area, other properties they may have comming soon.

Tip number 2:

TRY AND HAVE THE FULL 6 MONTHS RENT MONEY READY AND ABLE TO PAY UPFRONT

Tip Number 3:

Try to be the last one out the door with the agent. You can have more of a chat with them and they are not then trying to see what everyone else is doing.

The house that we know rent had 6 different people looking at it. Luckily, the real estate agent who was present, we had chatted to on a previous house viewing and after exchanging conversation, like asking her how she was and was she busy etc. When we completed the appliation form for the house, with spoke to the agent and explained we had the full 6 months payment and ready to move in when ever required to. That was at 10am. At 2pm, we got a call saying that the application had gone in and she had recommended us to the owner of the house. By 4pm, the house was ours.