Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rentals in Brisbane????

Rentals in Brisbane????

Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

louisey66 will become famous soon enough
Default Rentals in Brisbane????

Can any1 offer any advice on rentals in Brisbane and surrounding areas??

do u have 2 take a long lease or are there short terms avaliable? any idea on cost etc?

thank you

louise x
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rentals in Brisbane????

Originally Posted by louisey66

do u have 2 take a long lease or are there short terms avaliable? any idea on cost etc?

thank you

louise x

Hi Louise

I have found this website useful for info on Brisbane suburbs, renting etc.

www.ourbrisbane.com

Hope this helps.

Debbie
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

thanku debbie,

i see you have had ur police checks done, do they take quite a while 2 get back?

where is Scotland are you?

I have 2 book medicals and do police checks soon, waiting on baby 2 arrive t get all medicals done 2gether, will need 2 phone and enquire what is earliest age 4 a medical, u dont have the number of the place in Glasgow do you?

thank you

louise x
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

thank you

louise x
Hi Louise,
Have copies of your final bills from a previous rental, rent book/receipts, and even a letter from previous landlord. If you weren't renting, still take in utlilities bills.

Finding a rental in Brisbane can be hard, as there seems to be a shortage. If you find somewhere, don't delay, go straight back to the agents and put the application in!!

The rental section of realestate.com can give you a fair idea of prices. Short term is also available usually - we only signed for 6 months, then went on a month by month basis.

Good luck!
J
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:36 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I'd personally say that the idea of taking previous bills and mortgage statements etc to be a waste of time.

This is Australia, the landlord and agent are interested in you being able to afford the rent here and not your financial history in a foreign country in a job, income bracket and financial circumstances you no longer have.

Demonstrate you can pay the rent with either your employer in Australia providing a reference or say proof of capital backing, even pay the rent in advance and that speaks volumes.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:46 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Try - http://www.seqrents.com.au/ well worth a click.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:35 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Centurion.

The means to pay, and pedigree and stability at work, are paramount !

Dont forget availability !!!!!!!!!!!!

We ( if house sale goes thru ) need to be out of here in 6 weeks.
Buyer has 2 weeks, before going unconditional.

Leaving us 4 weeks, to secure a rental and move lock stock and 2 smoking barrels !

We enquired on rentals yesterday, in the area we are purchasing land.

ONE RENTAL AVAILABLE !!! ONE !! in the whole area !!!! and its a 2 bedroom unit !!

So thats that up the Kaiber Pass !!!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I'd personally say that the idea of taking previous bills and mortgage statements etc to be a waste of time......
We were required to show these by the agent we applied with (Ray White).
J
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:57 am
Just Joined

paula logan is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you

louise x
rentals in brisbane...i live on the gold coast why not look at realeastate.com.au were english been here 20mths and we rent a 3bedroom 2bathroom house with lovely back garden for 360 per week.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

thank you,

this all helps, illl start doin some more homework on the sites

louise x
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

thanku debbie,

i see you have had ur police checks done, do they take quite a while 2 get back?

where is Scotland are you?

I have 2 book medicals and do police checks soon, waiting on baby 2 arrive t get all medicals done 2gether, will need 2 phone and enquire what is earliest age 4 a medical, u dont have the number of the place in Glasgow do you?

thank you

louise x
Hi Louise

Our police checks took nearly 40 days, I think it was maybe this length of time due to the time of year.

I am from Glasgow and my OH is from Aberdeen, we did our meds in Glasgow on Friday. The medical is with Dr Bryden whose practice was on West George Street and had the xrays done at the Nuffield.

Dr Bryden 226 2530
Nuffield 334 9441

Debbie