Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rental property in Seaford, Vic

Rental property in Seaford, Vic

Old Aug 11th 2007, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Default Rental property in Seaford, Vic

Yeah, we have just put an offer in on a house and it has been accepted!! We were so excited we both woke up at 4 am to chat about it. I know its sad but we have been in rental properties since we first decided to try and emigrate to Australia nearly 4 years ago so to finally buy somewhere is so exciting. No more moving every six months!!

We have gone for a 60 day settlement but can move before as it is a vacant property. So, i thought i'd mention on here that there is a lovely 3 bedroom house, with in ground pool and huge sunroom going begging in Seaford (40 mins drive from CBD on Bayside) if anyone is looking for a rental in this area around the end of Sept??? If anyone is interested please pm me and i will give some more details and photos etc.

So, good luck to anyone else thats house hunting. i hope you have as much fun as we did looking round houses!!!!!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: Rental property in Seaford, Vic

Originally Posted by thebardies
Yeah, we have just put an offer in on a house and it has been accepted!! We were so excited we both woke up at 4 am to chat about it. I know its sad but we have been in rental properties since we first decided to try and emigrate to Australia nearly 4 years ago so to finally buy somewhere is so exciting. No more moving every six months!!

We have gone for a 60 day settlement but can move before as it is a vacant property. So, i thought i'd mention on here that there is a lovely 3 bedroom house, with in ground pool and huge sunroom going begging in Seaford (40 mins drive from CBD on Bayside) if anyone is looking for a rental in this area around the end of Sept??? If anyone is interested please pm me and i will give some more details and photos etc.

So, good luck to anyone else thats house hunting. i hope you have as much fun as we did looking round houses!!!!!
congrats on the house!

what way does renting work over there?
ie do you have to take a lease for a certain amount of time or can it be for like 2 or 4 months?
Also, how easy is it to get a rental and what deposit do you have to pay?

Thanks
Old Aug 12th 2007, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Hi, not sure how any others worked but with ours in was a minimum of 6 months and then you can keep extending from there. We asked for 12 months so now we have to break the lease. This means that we have to pay the rent up until the day the lease finishes or until the agents can find someone else to move in.

We found it quite hard to find a rental purely because the agents didnt return our calls. Once you have found a house you like you apply to rent it which involves showing previous rental history references and work/character references etc. ( or bank statements which prove you have enough money to cover the rent) Our deposit was the equivalent of one months rent in advance plus another months rent. then we put the application in and waited for the call. the problem is if you have viewed at an open for inspection day it can mean that several people apply for the same house. The landlord then picks the most suitable. We were up against a couple of police officers but they picked us because we are a family which means we are less likely to throw loud parties i guess (not true though!!).

So thats it. We applied then moved in a week later. Love this house and sorry to see it go as we never had the full benefit of the pool because we only arrived in Oz at the end of summer. Never mind perhaps we will put a pool in our new house.

Good luck, Jan
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:01 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebardies

Well done guys

Where in Seaford are you moving too?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Well done guys

Where in Seaford are you moving too?

No, we are moving from Seaford to a lovely view of the dandenongs in Cranbourne. Unfortunately as i have a young baby we only have one income so we were priced out of the market in Seaford which is a real shame as we love it here.

thanks for the congrats thought