Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rental with pool

Rental with pool

Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rental with pool

Why can you not search the main realestate pages to see house with pools only?

In my drunken state one night I sort of promised my lad we would at least 'try' to get a rental with a pool. Not many of them about though

Mandy
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all
Default Re: Rental with pool

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2

In my drunken state one night I sort of promised my lad we would at least 'try' to get a rental with a pool. Not many of them about though

Mandy

where are you moving to?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Gold coast.

Mandy
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:11 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
Hey Mandy,

We are also off to the Goldcoast in June and I have to say this really pees me off to! Wish they had a pool only function as this is what we ideally need to! there hasn't been many recently. Will prob see you at the only one when we get there both families wanting it

Andreaxx
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:15 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

If you go on domain, at the bottom of the page where it asks you about rooms and such there is a section which says something like 'preferences'

you type in what you want i.e waterfron and the like. it might work with pools

Louise
Old Apr 25th 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by acbh2
Hey Mandy,

We are also off to the Goldcoast in June and I have to say this really pees me off to! Wish they had a pool only function as this is what we ideally need to! there hasn't been many recently. Will prob see you at the only one when we get there both families wanting it

Andreaxx
A lot of rentals don't have pools as they are hard work and tennants sometimes don't look after them! If you contact agents directly via email they will let you know avaliable places good ones on the coast are - L j Hooker - the professionals - ray white
good luck x
Old Apr 25th 2007, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

A small thing that would make life a little easier mmmmm pool x
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
Hi Mandy,

I think you have to be pretty lucky to find a rental available with a pool, we moved to Upper Coomera and there werent many available. It depends how flexible you are with your location, we needed to be walking distance to school which narrowed down the search a bit. Also the price with a pool is a lot more than without as there is a lot more demand!

We did consider a complex with a pool, but preferred to have a bit more space so eventually compromised and got a nice rental without pool and hen bought annual passes to Wet n Wild which is few minutes drive away. Dont know how old your son is but lots of the older kids go there on a weekend to meet their friends.

Julia
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
Hi Mandy
So Gold Coast it is then! Missed that one!

Rentals with pools, you will be lucky! It would keep Jake occupied though so good idea to have one as he would just love it! Keep looking you never know.

Good luck - when are you actually coming back then? Sorry but if you have already said, I did not see it

Say hello to Ian and Jake for us

Take care
Gillx
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Wolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really nice

Mandy
Hey,

We're on Gold Coast, we've got a rental with pool & pool guy that services pool every month (landlord apys for) - we've hardly used pool at all.
In fact used it so little we're seriously considering not having one in our new place - SAVING $20,000 or so, may have a spa instead, had one in England and used it weekly come rain, snow, winter, summer!

We're moving out in late July/early August.

Also with the current water situation and if it continues what, if any the influence a pool will have on your property value/sale?

Wolf.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:14 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolf
Hey,

We're on Gold Coast, we've got a rental with pool & pool guy that services pool every month (landlord apys for) - we've hardly used pool at all.
In fact used it so little we're seriously considering not having one in our new place - SAVING $20,000 or so, may have a spa instead, had one in England and used it weekly come rain, snow, winter, summer!

Also with the current water situation and if it continues what, if any the influence a pool will have on your property value/sale?

Wolf.
where on the Goldcoast we'll be looking for a rental about then! Come on move out give us yer pool
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:17 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolf
Hey,

Wolf.
We were in ours every day from November until end of March. My kids would brave it now if I let them. Get your bathers on and get in!!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Hi Mandy
So Gold Coast it is then! Missed that one!

Rentals with pools, you will be lucky! It would keep Jake occupied though so good idea to have one as he would just love it! Keep looking you never know.

Good luck - when are you actually coming back then? Sorry but if you have already said, I did not see it

Say hello to Ian and Jake for us

Take care
Gillx

G'day Gill,

Aw, we haven't really made our mind up yet But it is looking like a real possibility cause Ian has been offered a job their.

What I think we will do is, start down there and take a look round, if we don't like it we will be coming up your way to annoy you

He who must be obayed suggested starting off in Cairns, but I know what will happen, will will end up staying

But, don't know if you know already we have our first viewing of the house today so fingers crossed!

Wherever i lay my hat ..............

Mandy
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:58 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

another one renting with a pool in Sydney, and we have hardly used it.
Pool guy comes once a mth (pd by landlord, well though our rent!) we pay for chemicals, at least $30pmth. We have to make sure it is topped up enough with water, put in chlorine daily (if it goes off because we don't do this then a refill of water needing council approval is at our expense). The main reason is that most of the time the water temp is too cold, then with a 2yr old & bubs it is not easy to get in when the OH is at work, then at weekends we have spent at lot of time looking at open houses. The pool is not heated nor has a cover.

It has been wonderful the times when we have been able to cool off in it and for our toddler to play, but certainly has been an expensive way to experience it. At least now we are not set that we must have a pool when we buy, and if we choose to have one we know the work and running costs.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:22 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by walaj
another one renting with a pool in Sydney, and we have hardly used it.
Pool guy comes once a mth (pd by landlord, well though our rent!) we pay for chemicals, at least $30pmth. We have to make sure it is topped up enough with water, put in chlorine daily (if it goes off because we don't do this then a refill of water needing council approval is at our expense). The main reason is that most of the time the water temp is too cold, then with a 2yr old & bubs it is not easy to get in when the OH is at work, then at weekends we have spent at lot of time looking at open houses. The pool is not heated nor has a cover.

It has been wonderful the times when we have been able to cool off in it and for our toddler to play, but certainly has been an expensive way to experience it. At least now we are not set that we must have a pool when we buy, and if we choose to have one we know the work and running costs.
$30 a month for chemicals seems a hell of a lot...especially if you dont use it much.....does the pool guy put the chemicals in then u pay it?