Rental help!

Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

achanalt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rental help!

You lot have probably answered this question loads of times but i cant find the answer anywhere!
Can we rent a property in Perth before we arrive? its just that we've spotted some great houses and are desperate to get one. any ideas or comments most welcome.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rental help!

Pretty unlikely as the agent will want to see you with your application form, references, bond etc. A few (and I mean a few) have managed to obtain rentals but not specifically Perth - I can't remember where.

Why would you want to rent somewhere without seeing it anyway? The photos you will see on the internet could be months/years old. Do you know the area, schools, commuting, shops etc. Pretty big gamble with 12 months of your life.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Pretty unlikely as the agent will want to see you with your application form, references, bond etc. A few (and I mean a few) have managed to obtain rentals but not specifically Perth - I can't remember where.

Why would you want to rent somewhere without seeing it anyway? The photos you will see on the internet could be months/years old. Do you know the area, schools, commuting, shops etc. Pretty big gamble with 12 months of your life.
fair comment ,yea we do know the area been thair last year on a reccie but your probarbly correct in what you say.
thanks for that!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Where are you looking at? May be if you give a suburb we can give a bit of input.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:50 pm
darrens1

darrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nice

[quote=achanalt;8882391]You lot have probably answered this question loads of times but i cant find the answer anywhere!
Can we rent a property in Perth before we arrive? its just that we've spotted some great houses and are desperate to get one. any ideas or comments most welcome.

We are moving out in November , have arranged short term accommodation (8 weeks) will arrange long term rental when we arrive as it will be based on feedback from various schools we have applied for. Feel free to PM me if you want any info etc
Old Sep 29th 2010, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

I would never ever ever trust photos on a real estate ad. Those professional photographers are great at what they do and can make a tenement look like a palace.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all

We secured a long-term rental from the UK, and it worked out fine. Estate agent had no problem with us e-mailing the application form, references etc and we just transferred the bond and rent by bank transfer.

We did, however, get somebody to go and look at the rental just to let us know that it looked the same as it did in the photos.

I suppose it is a bit risky but I just couldn't face getting a short term rental and then driving around looking for something. We wanted a rental with a pool and there seemed to be less of those. We also wanted to have a school organised for when we got here so knew what area we wanted.

Hope it works out well for you
Old Sep 29th 2010, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

It is amazing how good they can make places look in photos (seems the total opposite of UK estate agents lol).

We went to look at one places which had looked GREAT in the pics. It was terrible. Mould, watermarks all down the walls, general dirt and grime. The garden had a shashed green house which they said the owner would not remove (there was other stuff too). We obviously said we would not be taking the place, but they told us that there was a woman and her son who had put in an application from overseas without seeing it, and if they didn't find anyone on that inspection it would be going to them. Poor bastards.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Where are you looking at? May be if you give a suburb we can give a bit of input.
Somewhere around Duncraig or thereabouts