Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rental-blocked Loo

Rental-blocked Loo

Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:04 pm
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all
Default Rental-blocked Loo

We have been renting for 5 months on the GC. We seem to have a blocked loo, should we get in contact with the estate agents who we deal with or do we have to pay for it?? Thanx
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:05 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental-blocked Loo

Originally Posted by grossenbol
We have been renting for 5 months on the GC. We seem to have a blocked loo, should we get in contact with the estate agents who we deal with or do we have to pay for it?? Thanx
Fone the agent.

And as a wise plumber once said , you pay for your own shit mate !
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Phone the agent, they generally have their own tradie contacts, can be quicker and cheaper that way.

Might not be your fault, we had a similar thing happen in our first rental house and it turned out to be tree roots.

Nikki
x
Old Dec 15th 2007, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Fone the agent.

And as a wise plumber once said , you pay for your own shit mate !
It might be shite to you but it's my bread and butter(another wise plumber)
Old Dec 16th 2007, 12:04 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BallochBiddy
It might be shite to you but it's my bread and butter(another wise plumber)
I remember seeing that on a plumbers van !! lmao

" Your Shit is our Bread and Butter "
Old Dec 16th 2007, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Repairs are definitely the responsibility of the landlord. Give the agent a call.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by augigi
Repairs are definitely the responsibility of the landlord. Give the agent a call.
Only if 'blockage' is not the tenants fault
Old Dec 16th 2007, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
Maybe need to nip it off on a more frequent basis
Old Dec 16th 2007, 7:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Maybe need to nip it off on a more frequent basis
fpmsl..

SNAP one OFF my SON !
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Ring the Agency handling your lease.............. blocked loos come under the 'emergency' category.

Accordingly the Agency are authorised to organise repair workers in straight away without the need to first of all obtain several quotes and then seek permission from the landlord to sanction same.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Same thing happened to us and we tried to book an emergency plumber. I advised the agent that i had done so and she freaked, and actually cancelled the plumber that I had booked and said she would arrange one. i think that she thought I was going to send them the bill, when in fact I assumed we would have to pay.

In the end she couldnt get a plumber straight away so got back on to the one we had booked and had them come out to us. As it happened it was a tree root through the drain pipe so was quite a big costly job... so my advice is contact your agent straight away.

Julia
Old Dec 16th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
Not where I live. Speaking as a landlord, who frequents forums relating to investment properties, I don't know any landlord who'd ask the plumber whose fault a blocked toilet was!! Provided there was no malicious damage, the repairs are the responsibility of the landlord.

The agent is generally authorised to approve emergency repairs to the tune of $1000 or so.