Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

renewing passport once have visa

renewing passport once have visa

Old Oct 28th 2010, 8:45 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation renewing passport once have visa

Hi all I have my pr visa and have noticed that mine and hubbys passport run out 6 months after we are due to land in Oz so do we renew here and if so what happens regarding the visa?
Old Oct 28th 2010, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renewing passport once have visa

Originally Posted by avi
Hi all I have my pr visa and have noticed that mine and hubbys passport run out 6 months after we are due to land in Oz so do we renew here and if so what happens regarding the visa?
Try here!
Old Oct 28th 2010, 10:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Once you have the new passports, take them to your local DIAC office and you can get new visa labels put in for free
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:37 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

visa labels I havent got any I just have an email saying the visa is granted I am doing nights and days so I am a bit confused and slow at the moment so pease feel free to tell me slowly what I need to do What is the DIAC ?
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Lymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by avi
visa labels I havent got any I just have an email saying the visa is granted I am doing nights and days so I am a bit confused and slow at the moment so pease feel free to tell me slowly what I need to do What is the DIAC ?
You have to send your passports off with the visa letter (when you get it)and the stickers get attached.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:58 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

Visa letter we not got that is it just the email I recieved from my sponser? I didnt know I needed to send off the passports eek!!!!!

Ok deep braeths can someone explain it to me in small steps please
Thanks
Old Oct 29th 2010, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Lymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by avi
Visa letter we not got that is it just the email I recieved from my sponser? I didnt know I needed to send off the passports eek!!!!!

Ok deep braeths can someone explain it to me in small steps please
Thanks
Hi,

I cannot remember the steps plus ours was a perminent skilled visa, but our Agent emailed me the letters that granted the visa and we just sent off our passports to the Australian Embassy in London and a few days later they came back with nice new stickers on (I think). I am not sure how a Sponsored visa works though.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 8:15 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

Red face Re: renewing passport once have visa

cool thanks will do that on tuesday on my 1 day off this week. I will phone them and see if we need to get new passports first. We are looking to fly on 20th April and its an ENS our passports are valid till september 2011 and I am sooooo getting scared now we looking at booking flights end of novemer when I have worked enough nights in with my days oh the joy of this but hey will be worth it in the end.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:24 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avi
cool thanks will do that on tuesday on my 1 day off this week. I will phone them and see if we need to get new passports first. We are looking to fly on 20th April and its an ENS our passports are valid till september 2011 and I am sooooo getting scared now we looking at booking flights end of novemer when I have worked enough nights in with my days oh the joy of this but hey will be worth it in the end.
You can renew in the UK if you want to, or in Aus if you refer.
Aus is more expensive and takes longer.
If you are doing a stopover en route (eg a night in Singpore) you need to check if the country you are entering requires a specific amount of time on your passport - Singapore needs it to be valid for 6 months at least.

DIAC is the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, which has just granted your visa
Old Oct 30th 2010, 5:03 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Pollyana

we wont be doing a stopover doing it all in one go oh the joy with two kids (OMG scary thought ) will renew here methinks feel so dumb at the moment but when living on 4 hrs sleep and no days off from work well not suprising lol on way there in about 10 mins oh the joy.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 7:24 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by avi
Thanks Pollyana

we wont be doing a stopover doing it all in one go oh the joy with two kids (OMG scary thought ) will renew here methinks feel so dumb at the moment but when living on 4 hrs sleep and no days off from work well not suprising lol on way there in about 10 mins oh the joy.
If you can renew in the UK it will be a lot easier for you in the long run
Hope the work eases up a bit so you get a chance to plan properly. Don't know if you've seen this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774 but if you read the Top Tips and To Do List links you'll find a lot of stuff that might be helpful while planning theactual move