Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old Jun 25th 2010, 3:23 am
Just Joined

stu-in-oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Hi All,

I have both an Oz and British passports. I need to renew the British one.
I have down-loaded the required application form and notes from;

http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/h...nals/passports

With reference to Section 4 (Previous Passports) on the application form, does this only refer to my British passport or to both the British and Oz passport?

The Associated notes state that if I have had a British or Foreign passport I should tick yes and provide details.

Does this mean I should enclose my current Oz and old British passports in my application?

It's a little confusing as on page 10 of the "How to complete your application" pdf it also states;

"You need to write the previous passport number in the space provided here. NOTE: Only British passport numbers should be entered here"

And finally to totally confuse me in Section 8 of the application form it states that;

"1. I have not previously held a passport or other travel document of any description, or been included in one, other than that stated above."

Help, advice or an explanation very welcome.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
Check and Send in Britain costs GBP6.85
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...761&print=true
What post office you talking about JaJ? I did mine today and it was bloody £8!! as If the £77.50 renewal fee isn`t enough. What a piss take.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 7immyboy
What post office you talking about JaJ? I did mine today and it was bloody £8!! as If the £77.50 renewal fee isn`t enough. What a piss take.
Look at the date on JAJ's post. Unfortunately none of us are able to go back and update all the prices on all the posts when things increase.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Look at the date on JAJ's post. Unfortunately none of us are able to go back and update all the prices on all the posts when things increase.
When did this change? I did my passport last year and just posted it to Canberra and got a new one in 2 weeks. Sounds like they have made the process a whole lot more complicated than it needs to be.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:57 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markbhx
When did this change? I did my passport last year and just posted it to Canberra and got a new one in 2 weeks. Sounds like they have made the process a whole lot more complicated than it needs to be.

And more expensive

S
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:25 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markbhx
Look at the first post on the thread, it all kicked off then.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

AAaaaahhh.. That be why then .
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think I would need this thread so soon. Been in Austrlaia 24 hours. Lost passport today.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:48 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I didn't think I would need this thread so soon. Been in Austrlaia 24 hours. Lost passport today.
NOOOOOOO! Are you sure? Not just stuffed in a different bag?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

NOOOOOOO! Are you sure? Not just stuffed in a different bag?
Nope its definitely gone. I went into a medicare centre today to register, this was at 4.40pm, they saw me ten minutes later and took my passport to photocopy it. About 20 minutes later I realised I did not have passport anymore (I blame my lack of alertness on jetlag) but medicare was closed by then. I will go back in the morning to see if they have it, but I just know how these things can "disappear" so I am not holding my breath. I am preparing myself ofr having to get new passport and new visa label. Sooooo angry with myself....
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:00 am
Home and Happy

Nope its definitely gone. I went into a medicare centre today to register, this was at 4.40pm, they saw me ten minutes later and took my passport to photocopy it. About 20 minutes later I realised I did not have passport anymore (I blame my lack of alertness on jetlag) but medicare was closed by then. I will go back in the morning to see if they have it, but I just know how these things can "disappear" so I am not holding my breath. I am preparing myself ofr having to get new passport and new visa label. Sooooo angry with myself....
B&gger. Let's hope they have it. Do you have the grant letter with you? (cos it might help prove visa status if necessary) and if they don' have it, if you have a UK driving licence I would look at getting that swapped for an Aussie one asap. this country is anal about you having photo ID.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

B&gger. Let's hope they have it. Do you have the grant letter with you? (cos it might help prove visa status if necessary) and if they don' have it, if you have a UK driving licence I would look at getting that swapped for an Aussie one asap. this country is anal about you having photo ID.
I have my grant letter and scans of my passport and visa label. I also have my UK licence ready to swap over.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:25 am
Home and Happy

I have my grant letter and scans of my passport and visa label. I also have my UK licence ready to swap over.
That's something then But in the meantime lets think positive and hope the Medicare office have it.....

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 8th 2010 at 12:36 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's something then But in the meantime lets think psoitive and hope the Medicare office have it.....
Yes. Positive thinking.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Positive thinking.

It'll be in the photocopier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.