Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removals - Perth (NOR)

Removals - Perth (NOR)

Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about
Default Removals - Perth (NOR)

Hi

Can anybody recommend a removals company in Perth? Just trying to find out a rough idea of how much a move might cost me compared to hiring a van and doing it ourselves.

(Mind you, we haven't even found a place we want to move to yet! ).

PM if you prefer.

Thanks
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:38 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removals - Perth (NOR)

Originally Posted by vics
Hi

Can anybody recommend a removals company in Perth? Just trying to find out a rough idea of how much a move might cost me compared to hiring a van and doing it ourselves.

(Mind you, we haven't even found a place we want to move to yet! ).

PM if you prefer.

Thanks
We just used a company to move from Sorrento to Connolly. Gotta Go Removals are based in Joondalup and charged me $88 per hour inc GST. They rocked up at 7am and moved the contents of my 4x2 by midday.

Would recommend them. Speak to Paul Nicholls, phone number 0428 883 036
Old Aug 17th 2006, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about

Bump!
Old Aug 19th 2006, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Bump for the weekend
Old Aug 19th 2006, 2:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Probably be cheaper to hire van and do it yourselves, particularly if you don't have much stuff. However do you really want the hassle of the heavy lifting and manoevering large items through doorways if you have a lot of gear. These guys came with trolleys and knew exactly how to get a couch through doorway without damaging doorway or couch. I phoned about 10 companies and Gotta Go was the cheapest around and they came recommended by someone off another forum. In contrast I got Kent Removals who had handled my container when it arrived in Perth. For the same service (although they did provide boxes which most small removalists don't) they were quoting $1300. We ended up paying $485. For boxes you can look on ebay or ask around. We didn't pay for a box at all, people at hubbies work had some and friends who had just moved here had some.

Hope you find a house soon.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

For boxes you can look on ebay or ask around. We didn't pay for a box at all, people at hubbies work had some and friends who had just moved here had some.

Hope you find a house soon.[/QUOTE]

We got lots of boxes (cartons used by the shipping companies) from the Recycle place at Tamala Park, 30cents each, Various sizes including linen cartons.

Di