Removals oz end

Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about
Default Removals oz end

Just received an email and bill from MIM (movements international movers) asking for $374 for the customs clearance. Is this normal to pay upfront i would have thought you would do this afterwards incase there are any other charges? anyone had MIM do there removals at the other end, and does everyone pay this bill for customs? Thanks in advance for replies.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:36 am
Just Joined

welovebonds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removals oz end

yep just paid nearly $500 last week. Didn't question it as we all just want our things and don't want any more delays(the ship should have been here on the 9th Oct and only just arrived). We are using King & Wilson, so I think it must be the norm. Do remember Robinsons in the UK saying that we would have to pay for customs clearance.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Hi,

I work for a international removal co in Perth and yes that is correct, that $374 is the Customs charge for a 20' Container. The other charges you may have is when AQIS do an Inspection of your goods and MAY order a destruction or cleaning order on some of your goods.

Hope this info helps you.

Sally
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by invictia
Hi,

I work for a international removal co in Perth and yes that is correct, that $374 is the Customs charge for a 20' Container. The other charges you may have is when AQIS do an Inspection of your goods and MAY order a destruction or cleaning order on some of your goods.

Hope this info helps you.

Sally
Can anyone answer this moot point?

If you SHARE a 20 foot container, does each party pay the $374 customs charge? Or is the cost split between both or all parties using the container?
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

I have just been contacted by the same firm this week and they have not asked me for any payment!
Better go and check it again though.
x