Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removals Anglo Pacific

Removals Anglo Pacific

Old May 30th 2005, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Removals Anglo Pacific

Some of you will remember a poting some time again when I wrote of my difficulties with A.P. At the time I had one heck of a job to get my stuff insured because AP had already put it into UK store. (Yes I know - I did not understand this either) but apparently somehwere in the pile of documents sent to me I was asked if I wanted insurance. I assumed I would have been told I needed it or at least advised to get it. As I did not spot the relevant paragraph I was told "too late". Tenancity paid off and I parted with the hefty premium. Well the truck arrived last week. In total there must be around £4,000 worth of damaged or missing stuff! I have just had the following email:

[COLOR=Navy]Have your goods been in store in Australia since their arrival and have you paid for the extension of the Marine Transit Insurance Policy as outlined in the original written quotation at 0.35% of the declared value per month or part thereof?

If you have not extended the policy it will affect the Insurers reaction to your claim.

What "extra" I was asking myself. Sure emough amongst the dozens of papers from the shippers there was a sentence refering to this. Has anyone else come unstuck the same way?

I have never felt so let down by a removal company before and I have moved (albeit within the UK) six times prior to this move in four times in the last 19 years. I would be very interested to know if anyone else has had a similar experience.
Old May 30th 2005, 3:52 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removals Anglo Pacific

There are quite a few posts on AP . Barge pole quickly comes to mind

D D
Old May 30th 2005, 5:37 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
There are quite a few posts on AP . Barge pole quickly comes to mind

D D
We spoke with AP at the York exhibition last Sunday & read thru all the literature they sent & were really impressed... but I must admit, after reading all the posts about AP we are seriously having second thoughts...... has anyone had any good experiences with AP?
Old May 30th 2005, 5:46 pm
blossom

We had 'dodgy' shippers from Oz back to UK - company name Austpac (Sydney). We only got half of our furniture, but we did receive some goods belonging to somebody else! About 20 cartons went missing also!

We paid around $750 insurance, and when we tried to claim the company kept making lots and lots of promises (we had to continually keep phoning them from UK).

In the end we employed the services of our local MP, who contacted Consumer Affairs in Oz. Mercantile Mutual paid us around £5,500 for the missing items, even though the company had not handed the insurance premium over!

Never again will I take the cheapest quote but thankfully we were able to replace most of the missing items.

Hence why we are really concerned about shipping lots of our stuff back, we will do it but with plenty of caution.

Good luck in your claim and visit every avenue you can to ensure you get recompensed.

Blossom

Old May 30th 2005, 7:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
We spoke with AP at the York exhibition last Sunday & read thru all the literature they sent & were really impressed... but I must admit, after reading all the posts about AP we are seriously having second thoughts...... has anyone had any good experiences with AP?
Not aware of any, must there must be someone, surely or they wouldn't still be in business. Don't touch them with either Pollyana or Dollydaydream's barge pole.
Old May 31st 2005, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE

Yesterday was a public holiday in the UK so we are jsut off the phone to ANglo Pacific today. The informed us that we had only paid for "incidental" insurance i.e. from one port to the next and for immediate delivery. We explained that the once our things had been processed by quarantine they were only in sorage for a matter of days and if more insurance cover was required at this point why we we not informed? We we told that all of the information came in the orginal quote in London. So how come we only discovered that we were not insured once we arrived in Australia ansd only after a lot of phone calls were we finally able to purchase insurance. At that time the goods had been packed by AP and were still holding them in their own stores! No one else had touched them. No we are told that despite paying the insurance premium we are not insured because we short have paid extra for the days the stuff was in Sydney. It really is a case of Buyer Beware!!! And to the person who said he was impressed by their glossy publicity -that was what impressed us to but the whole sage from arranging collection to delivery had been a nightmare and we are several thousand pounds worse off.
Old May 31st 2005, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian12
UPDATE

Yesterday was a public holiday in the UK so we are jsut off the phone to ANglo Pacific today. The informed us that we had only paid for "incidental" insurance i.e. from one port to the next and for immediate delivery. We explained that the once our things had been processed by quarantine they were only in sorage for a matter of days and if more insurance cover was required at this point why we we not informed? We we told that all of the information came in the orginal quote in London. So how come we only discovered that we were not insured once we arrived in Australia ansd only after a lot of phone calls were we finally able to purchase insurance. At that time the goods had been packed by AP and were still holding them in their own stores! No one else had touched them. No we are told that despite paying the insurance premium we are not insured because we short have paid extra for the days the stuff was in Sydney. It really is a case of Buyer Beware!!! And to the person who said he was impressed by their glossy publicity -that was what impressed us to but the whole sage from arranging collection to delivery had been a nightmare and we are several thousand pounds worse off.
All I can say is that I am so sorry to hear about this. We've been very let down byt them as well.

I thought they gave you an automatic 60 days storage at either end? Perhaps they do but just don't insure it.

Vanessa who posts on here is aware of the problems some of us have had and has offered to help (she's a lawyer). Perhaps do a search on her name and you'll get more info.

Let us know how you get on.

Mrs J
Old May 31st 2005, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

pete hoy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Removals Anglo Pacific

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Just spotted this post not been on for a while busy settling down on the Gold Coast, we arrived 6th April spent 2 weeks in a hotel managed to find a 4 bedroom house in Coombabah for $350 a week.Anyway more to the point we took delivery of our furniture yesterday only one breakage a glass pictue frame, they advised us it would arrive in Brisbane 22nd May a couple of weeks later than original estimate we had no problem with them sorry to all those people who did, they were recommended to us by friends and we had no problem with them , best of luck pete
Old May 31st 2005, 3:05 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Removals Anglo Pacific

Can't offer anything by way of advice - but a friend of mine manages the claims department of an insurance company which provides cover for shipments to Oz and NZ.... in her opinion it's not worth shipping anything because things are so easily damaged by the shippers, conditions in the containers en-routed, etc..... She actually advised me to sell my stuff, buy some cheap furniture etc and ship THAT, and then claim for new replacements when the cheap stuff arrives in pieces!!!!!

So far I've taken her comments with a bit of a pinch of salt (mainly because we're not yet at the shipping stage), but it's still worrying...
Old May 31st 2005, 3:37 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete hoy
Just spotted this post not been on for a while busy settling down on the Gold Coast, we arrived 6th April spent 2 weeks in a hotel managed to find a 4 bedroom house in Coombabah for $350 a week.Anyway more to the point we took delivery of our furniture yesterday only one breakage a glass pictue frame, they advised us it would arrive in Brisbane 22nd May a couple of weeks later than original estimate we had no problem with them sorry to all those people who did, they were recommended to us by friends and we had no problem with them , best of luck pete
thanks fot hat... I was beginning tot hink that nobody had anything good to say about them
Old Jun 29th 2005, 12:24 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Wow.......

We've just had Anglo Pacific in to quote for our full-house removal to Perth. One of the questions we were asked was, "have you got any concerns or questions... is there anything you've read on the forums that's concerned you...??"
Well, this got us thinking so we popped a search in, just out of curiosity - wondering what they'd read about themselves that could possibly be a concern...

The lady who came to estimate our shipping requirements was very professional and knowledgeable. She answered all our questions and gave us some good advice... but we've got to admit to feeling somewhat anxious now with all that we've just read.... :scared:

We'll report back with our on-going findings.

All the best,
Rogue and Mrs Rogue
Old Jun 29th 2005, 1:34 pm
Off to drill downunder

Location: Essex until september then Ocean Shores (near Byron Bay)
JAWS is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Wow.......

We've just had Anglo Pacific in to quote for our full-house removal to Perth. One of the questions we were asked was, "have you got any concerns or questions... is there anything you've read on the forums that's concerned you...??"
Well, this got us thinking so we popped a search in, just out of curiosity - wondering what they'd read about themselves that could possibly be a concern...

The lady who came to estimate our shipping requirements was very professional and knowledgeable. She answered all our questions and gave us some good advice... but we've got to admit to feeling somewhat anxious now with all that we've just read.... :scared:

We'll report back with our on-going findings.

All the best,
Rogue and Mrs Rogue
I've had a quote from Anglo Pacific recently :scared: Much more expensive than everyone else. I've decided to go with PSS on a full door to door basis so there is no passing the buck if everything is wrecked. As far as I am aware if the stuff goes into storage in oz unless they open everything the guys that accept it over there "sign contents unchecked" so I can imagine it's hard to apportion blame later on if there are any probs,
I hope no one has any horror stories about PSS!!!!!!!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 3:12 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

We used Anglo Pacific and found their service absolutely fantastic!
Cannot fault them in any respect whatsoever.
They had by far the best presentation when we were getting shipping quotes.
(That's why we used them).
They came to our house in Scotland and packed all our stuff into boxes themselves at no extra cost.
They kept in constant contact with us when we got to Oz, regarding how long it would be before our container got to Fremantle, cleared customs etc.
They delivered all our stuff to our house in Perth, & offered to unpack everything for us. We said, "No thanks" & unpacked everything ourselves.

Not one item was broken or damaged.

Absolutely no complaints about them at all.

We've got 3 very good friends who've emigrated to Oz & used Anglo Pacific as well, & they've all found their service excellent as well.